Yet Another Running Post

Sorry! Doubling up today! I can't help it. The Hubby surprised me a fun new gadget today...


Sorry to my Facebook friends who already got to see me gush over this! I'm so excited to set it up and use it. Working on updating it and syncing it to my phone. YAY! The Hubby and I have been gushing over all of the different options for a few weeks now. He knew I wanted to upgrade and liked the idea of getting my Flex. It was just down to deciding which one to upgrade to. Decisions... decisions...

I ended up with the Charge HR because I wanted something simple, not huge and not super expensive. I can wear this instead of my Polar HR monitor when I run to save myself the discomfort of the chest strap (although I'll wear both tonight and compare). I still have the Polar for swimming and whatnot. I'm just excited to play with a new gadget!

With that... I'll also share that I think I have my race wishlist complete for this season.

May - Moose Run 10K & Panther Pant 5K

June - Midnight Sun Midnight Run 5K (oh how I've missed this race!!!)

July - Triathlon (either Chequamegon Sprint Tri or Shell Lake Sprint Tri)

August - I'm undecided but have the option of a mud run (which scares me during half marathon training... hello injury?? Otherwise, there's the Bent Paddle Beer Run (total fun run) or the crazy hills of the Festival 5.1K (and when I say hills, I mean OMG will this hill ever end kind of hills)

September - Shell Lake 9 miler, All City Mile (to try to get a bib for the 2017 Gary Bjorklund Half Marathon) and maybe the MN Tunnel 10K

October - Spooner Zombie Run (maybe) and then the Monster Dash Half Marathon.

If you're curious about finding more info about any of these races, feel free to jump over to Northlandrunner.com and check them out. This site lists all of the local (and several non-local) races in the area for locals. If you've never checked it out before, do it! You can even search results of races or particular racers while you're there!

Ooooh and I've also got another item on my 40 by 40 list... Superior Man Triathlon - Short Course. This one is at total of 41.5 miles - 0.5 mile swim, 35.4 mile bike and 5.6 mile run. I think that will be my big training next year! It feels good to be hopeful again!

Alright... I'm done! Time to get back to work again.

Comments

Popular Posts