Running. Recipes and Meal Plans - One Week To Go!

Happy Thursday!! One more day till Friday! I know, I know... I live for the weekends. It's more than that though... One week from today I will officially be on vacation. With The Hubby off too, I'm counting down the days to our official Spring Vacation. The Hubby is low enough on the totem pole that summer vacation is still not on his radar when they do vacation picks, so I take a couple of days in the spring and fall with him and we plan some adventures. This one is nowhere near our one last fall and includes two of the kiddos, but it's sure to be a fun-packed few days.

So, I'll kick of today's post by choosing my "What I Love About My Body" part.

Today I have to say my eyes! I have always loved that I have unique eyes. They change color with what I wear and my moods from green to blue to gray. Fun times! I have my personal equivalent of a mood ring for all to see! I've gotten compliments on my eyes since I was little and who doesn't love compliments?!? Really though, My eyes tell my whole story... bags under my eyes show my stress or lack of sleep, bright eyes show my happiness and excitement... Overall, if asked what my best feature is, I'd have to say my eyes!




I can tell that this will get harder as we get closer to the end. I'm not sure I know 24 body parts! If I run out of parts, I'll move on to aspects of my body that I love - things it can do for me. Seems reasonable! Now it's your turn! Choose something and think about why you love that part of you!

So, I'm not proud of my triathlon training progress this week. I've allowed myself to use the weather and schedule as an excuse. I knew it would be a struggle to mix it all together with the girls back home, everyone back to their regular schedule and school back in session. I was right, but that's why I started early!

My first road race is six weeks from today. For those reading, who are local and want to participate in the Cathedral Panther Pant 5K this year here's the link to their online registration and here's the Panther Pant Facebook page. Obviously I am a big supporter of this particular race. All proceeds go to the arts and Spanish programs and help them keep these programs running for the kids. Plus, it's fun and an easy race to PR (personal record for non-runners wondering what I'm talking about) in.

My first triathlon is just over 14 weeks away. Three and a half months to find a way to swim fast enough, bike far enough and run without major pain to the finish line. It's not going to happen on it's own and I know that. So, this weekend is pretty simple as far as what I need to do...

Tomorrow I will work my two hours of overtime after work, stop by to see The Hubby and two of the kiddos for a quick hello and hugs before I head out for a ladies' night with a great group of friends. The hostess says she'll have snacks and drinks. I'll enjoy a drink or two, but my goal is to keep my snacking to a minimum!

Saturday should be a pretty decent day weather wise. It's the one day of the weekend that isn't forecasted to have nasty, cold, strong winds or snow/rain/sleet and more cold wind. It doesn't matter though! The weather is always stead in the gym, so if I can't get out, I'll go in. I'm planning a 35 minute bike ride and a 30 minute run. Slow and steady... I'm not out to break any records. Then we will probably hit up the Fish & Game Show in the evening as a family outting.

Sunday The Hubby and I plan to get some swimming it and then take the kids to rec swim for a couple of hours to wrap up our weekend.

Looking out just a bit farther, I'll only have a chance to get in a workout Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so... Monday is karate (and Girl Scouts), Tuesday I'll hit the gym for a swim and bike ride, unless I can get outside, then Wednesday is karate and the start of vacation!! I can't wait!! We have a few surprised for the girls over the few days we are all off together, so it should be super fun!

My goal over the next week is to really work on my willpower. I can't use every event, gathering, outing, etc. as an excuse to over eat or just go crazy for a few days. Like I said, the gathering on Friday I'll come prepared and the rest of the days before our trip will look like this!

Friday is chicken. I think we'll attempt grilled chicken with sweet potato fries and green beans.

Saturday we'll thaw out some venison and make these venison gyros!

Sunday is Sweet & Sour Chicken with brown rice since I've been craving Chinese lately.

Monday The Hubby and three kids are on their own. My suggestion will be Bunless Burgers since it's quick and easy and a crowd favorite.

Tuesday we'll keep simple to allow for an evening of down time with bacon and cheese omelets!

Wednesday will be Cheese Stuffed Meatballs & Deamfields Pasta since it's a late karate night.

Thursday we have dinner plans, so the planning will stop there. I'm also going to work on making some on-the-go snacks like low-carb granola bars, no bake cookies and FINALLY try that donut recipe that Emmy Lou has been begging me to make. I want to have healthy snacks to grab in our travels to help me stay on plan for most of the day. I refuse to come back from a long weekend with a huge weight gain again. I just can't have that!

For now... Tonight I'm up in the air about karate. We will see how much homework Emmy Lou has and how much energy I have. One night at home to clean and cuddle with the girls doesn't sound back, but a solid, sweaty sparring workout sounds pretty fun too!

I'll leave you with this one! It fits for me right now. I'm finally shedding the weight I gained from my binge last weekend after a week of my weight staying up as well. Frustration was the culprit of my food tantrum. Sometimes it's hard to remember something as simple as then when you are working hard...




Comments

Popular Posts