Day 2 of 40 - Slow, But Successful Start


That was me last night! Can't say I'm much more excited today. Talking sucks. My jaw, face and ear hurt. Oh well, I'll buck up and be an adult and this too shall pass. Worst part is... this is just the first part in a three or more step process. BLAH! (By the way... I love Dawson's Creek - if anyone is wondering about the meme above.)

Kudos to those who study to be one of the "Top 5 Professionals Everyone Hates, But Can't Avoid Seeing." Years of education to be unloved! By the way... I actually had that conversation with my dentist before he retired. He got a kick out of it.

Either way, today is a day of as little talking as possible, minimal chewing and lots of meds. Bring on 4:30!!!

So, onto happier things... I completed my 85 second plank already today. It wasn't horrible. I definitely have more core strength than I did a year ago. I'll definitely credit that to karate! I don't start to shake at all till I get past the one minute mark and even then, it's not horrible. We'll see how it goes as we near the two minute mark. Tomorrow is a minute and a half!!

Another bit of good news... My ex got a new job! WOOHOO!! Last time he was off for almost a year, so this is a much better deal. Hopefully this means that he can keep helping out with the girls like we had discussed earlier this year. He's not a bad guy and we get along fine... he just goes through jobs a bit quicker than most (four since we divorced in June 2012 actually). But for the most part we co-parent well and show our girls that we can still do this whole parenting thing together, even if we aren't in the same house. So, I'm happy for him and his household that he got another job so quickly after losing his last one. I'm sure it'll be a lot less stress in the girls' other home, which is always a good thing!

Other good news... Hmmmm... I'm tapped. It feels like Monday and I'm grumpy, so I'll just get on with the show.

Today's "What I Love About Me" is awarded to....

My tiger stripes! AKA... My stretch marks. They are a symbol of where I've been and how far I've come. The marks on my belly are proof that I never gave up and finally carried my dream babies in my tummy for 38 weeks, 1 day (both came the same time). The stretch marks on my arms and thighs prove that I've come back from the misery of being morbidly obese and remind me that I don't want to go back there. My stretch marks add character and make me human. They don't disgust me. They are a part of me and each one symbolizes strength, determination and perseverance!

Alright, my meds have kicked in and Tuesday is well under way. My stomach is still "off" from the meds and stuff, so food isn't appealing. I have simple stuff like a protein shake, cottage cheese, a Greek Yogurt, etc. for my meals. I'll force in some lunch in the next half hour. I guess it's not a horrible problem to have when you're detoxing from crap and eating 100% on track.

I have to say the lack of appetite has made things a touch easier to get started on this challege. Don't get me wrong... the cravings are horrendous and I have a whopper of a headache while I detox from Diet Coke again. *sigh* That one is entirely my fault. I swear that every single commercial I saw yesterday was for some horribly yummy looking plate of hell, but I know I'll get through this part. My body wants comfort foods because I hurt. I want McD's french fries like you wouldn't believe, but I'm not caving. I'm in this one 100% with no excuses. Our challenge goes right up to the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend. BRING IT ON!!! I will be swimsuit ready (which, by the way, has finally been shipped) and down to a less depressing weight again in 40 days and I WILL NOT fall back into bad habits immediately after getting there. I'm on a mission!

My Trimmaversary is June 22nd (one year of Trim Healthy Mama). I haven't been 100% on plan since then, but I have used at least one of the things I learned from the book every day since then! My first race is in 17 days with another one less than two weeks later. I have two races planned for June and my training will pick up for the half marathon then as well. So, as you can see... with everything physical I have planned through the summer and fall, I cannot allow myself to fall into old habits as a reward for being on track for a month or two. This cycle must stop!!!! I've got this. I have a ton of support and a plan...



Comments

Popular Posts