Day 4 of 40 - I Suck At Being Sidelined!

I am completely over feeling crummy. Actually, I feel a touch more like myself today. I can't say "normal" because I'm very far from normal on a good day, but I'm definitely not as miserable. Who knew a stupid little dental procedure could disrupt your week so badly!?!

Since I suck at laying low, I have big plans for this evening! It's been far too long since I went for a run, so I'm planning to drop my vehicle off at home and run to the karate academy to meet up with The Hubby and all four kiddos. We'll all head home after their class, eat quickly and then go back for our class... I hope!

I've been hearing that this week has been pretty brutal as far as our adult class goes. The Hubby came home soaked in sweat after last night's workout and I found myself utterly jealous! It's "Kicks Week" and it sounds like the last two classes have been an awesome workout. I'm sick of being sidelined! We are about at the half way point to our next belt test, but we have a tournament coming up next month, so Emmy Lou, Kenziebug, The Hubby and I all need to find extra time to work on our events!

Alright, moving on! Today's "What I Love About My Body" is one I'm surprised I didn't point out earlier. My tattoos! I love my tattoos! Each one has a meaning to me and much like my stretch marks, they are a part of me and tell my story.

As of today I have eight. Some would argue that I have seven because one was built off the other one, but I count them all separate. I got my first one when I was 18 - a heart with a rose through it. That's who I was at that age. Still young and innocent. I got my second one when I was 21 - a rainforest frog (think the cafe logo) - which was my way of still being young and fun even though I was married. Sorry, but I don't have pics of either one of these on hand to share, so you'll have to imagine them for now.

The rest of my tattoos have all been added since Andy and I got together.

Eeek! My hand looks huge here! LOL

I got these flying birds on my left wrist the summer we got married. This was my freedom tattoo. I had been wanting something that signified my life at that point. I was free, I was strong and I was independent, but I was also surrounded by those I loved to help me when I needed it.


The next year I got my infinity/feather tattoo while The Hubby updated his Marine tattoo. These were our first anniversary gifts to each other. Due to an error by the tattoo artist, I added the two flowers to that tattoo a short week and a half later to represent my girls - a poppy for Emmy Lou and a rose for Abbycakes, which are their birth flowers.


At the same time I added an arrow to the outside of my right foot since he was willing to throw it in due to correcting a permanent error. I was very happy with how they handled it by the way. These two were perfect for "a year later". I loved my life and I was headed in a good direction. Also, I loved this quote and it fit me well. This arrow was designed off of this image...


Finally, when I met up with my best friend on my Kansas City trip in January, I knew we needed to get tattoos together. She didn't have any and had wanted to get one for quite some time and I wanted to share the experience with her!

Soooooo... enter my left foot stage right!



I love these newest additions and can't wait to be able to wear sandals and flip flops this summer to show them off! Again, I chose them because they are significant of who I am right now. The Hubby and I are adventurous and I have several loved ones who keep me grounded, while helping to keep me going in the right direction.

My life is where I want it to be right now and just like I have a lot of things I plan to do over the years, my tattoo additions aren't complete yet either! Someone once told me I would hate my tattoos when I got older. I would grow into an old woman and my cute tattoos would be all wrinkled and faded. I disagree! I don't believe my feelings will ever change toward them because they all have a reason for being there. I love the art as well as the meaning behind each one. Who knows... maybe one day they will help me remember who I was when I was younger as my mind starts to fade right along with my tattoos!

Comments

Popular Posts