Day 5 of 40 - Holy Cravings Batman!

There's no denying that I am flat out going through the detox process again. UGH! Fun times! Temptations are everywhere! There are currently two boxes of cupcakes, one container of chocolate chip muffins and a bag of flavored popcorn hanging out on the counter in my department. Seriously?!?  Yesterday it was muffins, donuts, a fried pastry of some sort and licorice.


Needless to say, I will lock myself in my office today and only leave to pee... with my eyes closed!

It's not just work though. I feel like a little kid. I want everything I see on every commercial. I've been absolutely obsessed with needing garlic bread.


Must. Stay. Strong.

Yesterday was a horribly hungry day. My lack of appetite for three days caught up with me 10 fold. I also found myself wanting to eat out of sheer boredom which I haven't done in ages. Dang old habits coming back to haunt me! I've also had a stellar headache all week. I don't think I can blame it entirely on my tooth since the tooth is slowly feeling better and the headache is holding strong. It feels far too much like the first time we cut everything out... achy body, headache, moody, insatiable hunger, cravings... Yeah, they all joined the party again this time.

Oh, speaking of parties... We have a birthday party tonight for a friend's twins. They are the same age as Abbycakes and Jack Jack, so we have four very excited kids who were anxious for the school day to move quickly today. Tomorrow we have a gathering of the cousins at our house for a BBQ and fun. Christmas was chaotic and hard to get everyone together, so it'll be nice to get everyone together in a non-rushed situation. Other than that, I have to run 4.5 miles this weekend and hopefully a swim or bike ride.

I'm happy to report that I successfully got out last night and ran from home to the Dojo (karate academy).



My mouth hurt, but I sucked it up. It was also my fastest run to date. I didn't monitor my pace, but I made sure I ran at a steady pace that wasn't over-exerting and kept my heart rate in that zone to avoid my side pain. Complete success!! Absolutely zero side pain. I'm slowly getting back into the groove again and I'm beyond happy to find that groove mostly pain free!

Then we headed back for a brutal karate workout after dinner.


My Fitbit readings were really pretty by the end of the night though! All of my goals were met, I had almost an hour and a half of workout time and the apps entertained me for a solid hour after I finished and sat on the couch unable to move. Today's 100 second plank is flat out going to suck!

On to today's "What I Love About Myself"! Today I think I'll say my calves. I've always had solid "skaters thighs" but it's been fun to watch my calves tone up and get more defined as I've picked up running and now karate. Plus, they are one of the few body parts that doesn't have any extra jiggle! Really though, even though I don't focus on fine tuning that part of my body, I'm very happy with my calves when I look in the mirror.

**EDITED** I forgot that I said I would post more than one thing on Fridays & Mondays to cover the weekend, so my second thing is my dimple! Yeah, kinda goes with my smile, but my dad passed on his dimple to me and Abbycakes has a very faint dimple if she smiles just right. I love dimples on people! Mine shows when I'm truly happy and smile wide, so if you see it its' a good sign!

Alrighty then... HAPPY FRIDAY!!! We have a meal plan for the rest of the week. Today is my first Friday on plan in, oh man, I don't know how long. I'm not dying, so it must not be as awful as I had anticipated. Slowly, but surely, I'm falling back into the old, comfortable rhythm of THM and clean eating. Once I clear detox completely I'll be rockin it! Here's how the weekend looks...

Friday - Birthday Party, so I plan to have a protein shake before we go and a snack when we get home.

Saturday - Steaks & asparagus on the BBQ for lunch and chicken with sweet potato fries for dinner.

Sunday - Brunch will be an egg white sandwich with turkey bacon on sourdough toast and then we'll have Dreamfields pasta and meatballs for dinner.

I can tell the weather is changing because my food tastes are changing as well. I'm craving fresh fruits and veggies, berries and light, summery meals (for the most part). Bring it on!

Comments

Popular Posts