Day 1 of 40 - Toothless Wonder!

I'm officially down a tooth. After a couple of weeks of playing phone tag with my dentist, my endodontist and a couple oral surgery offices and I have a gaping whole in my upper chompers. Fun times!! Thankfully, it's been 10 hours and the numbness hasn't entirely worn off yet. They also gave me pain meds, but I've been ok. My stomach is blah from the anesthetic and bloody mouth (sorry for the TMI... I packed it with gauze, but it gets gross fast).

Anyway... I'm alive and well and will hopefully be onto the next step of filling the uncomfortable hole in my mouth. Not sure what that next step exactly is, but first step is healing from today's procedure. We sure know how to have fun around here!

Our vacation was awesome and much too fast. It was also full of fun and drinks and fun and food and... well, fun! We took the girls to The Chanhassen Dinner Theater to see Beauty and The Beast. Our table was right by the walkway to the stage, so the characters came right up to our table to do their lines. The girls were in absolute awe!


We had fun dolling up. I wish I had gotten a pic of the four of us together too! It was a late night, so we all slept in a bit on Saturday before heading to the Mall of America. We hit the American Girl Doll Store and scheduled hair and ear piercing appointments for their dolls and then hit the rides. Emmy Lou always starts out slow. She's my chicken. Abbycakes is my thrill seeker, so she wanted to ride EVERYTHING. About half way through the day, her hair was standing up in her braid which pushed her the extra 1/8th of an inch to that 48" line to ride the big kid rides. HAPPY GIRL!!!

We also introduced the girls to Dick's Last Resort. We had an awesome waiter and he had the girls just rolling. He kept it age appropriate or WAY over their heads and we all had a great time. Emmy Lou's hat said "I'm the reason they drink." Abby's said, "Same underwear day 6." I told him he had them backwards! 

We also attemped to do the zip line (minus Abby who truly was too short to do that one alone) and the ropes course together. I was so proud of Emmy Lou for taking a deep breath and stepping off that platform to fly across the theme park!! I wish I had gotten a pic of it. Unfortunately, both girls freaked out on the ropes course and ended up doing endless trips up several sets of steps to do the giant twisty slide while the hubby and I completed the ropes course. Then we were off to do more rides and wrapped it up with a trip to The Lego Store!


By the time we left, we were all completely wiped out. We stopped for some apps before heading back to the hotel and the girls were out in 30 seconds! The Hubby and I weren't far behind once we laid down and called it a day!

Saturday we spent the morning doing the shopping we didn't get around to on Friday and then headed for the cabin to spend time with Nana & Papa. The down time was PERFECT!! The weather was even more so! Once we were away from home it was 75-82 degrees our entire trip. Including Sunday when we headed up to my sister-in-law's baby shower with my The Hubby's oldest sister and niece. We're all so excited for a new little bundle of pink in the family!!

With all that fun and food behind us, we kicked off Day 1 of our 40-Day Spring Challenge today. Emmy Lou asked us on the way home if we were getting back to doing THM 100% and I told her we were. She actually asked if she could join us. I love that she loves it! So, she and The Hubby had on-plan meals all day while I had one on-plan meal so far. I have to say that the tooth thing made my first day pretty easy! Here's to Day 2!!

Our meals are planned for the week...

Monday - Tacos (late karate)
Tuesday - Shrimp (just The Hubby & I)
Wednesday - Bunless Burgers
Thursday - Baked Chicken
Friday - Leftovers since the kids all have a birthday party that evening

My workout schedule is a mess with this tooth thing and knowing that pounding feet during a run probably won't feel too hot. Plus, The Hubby needs to give a presentation for his communications class tomorrow and I'm the videographer. We have karate on Wednesday (plus Girl Scouts) and Thursday. Nothing new... just another busy week, but I'll work my workouts in there!

Finally... time to catch up on my "What I Love About Me" list! Apparently, I have to list six today. EEK! I hope I don't double up because I didn't take the time to look back to see what I've already said. Sorry!


  1. I love my teeth! I have one slightly crooked tooth, but I think it makes my smile unique! Plus, after today, I've learned to appreciate them a bit more.
  2. I love my wrists. I don't feel like I have a lot of feminine features since I have a solid, muscular build. My wrists are little and cute. *grins*
  3. I love my sense of adventure. I'm usually up for just about anything and it keeps life interesting.
  4. I love my ears. Like my wrists, they're little and cute. 
  5. I also love my nose. I've never had any interest in changing my nose.
  6. I love my imagination when I read. I can get sucked so far into a book that I feel like I'm in their world and I enjoy every second of it!
There you have it! There's a lot to love about myself. It's still hard not to think about something and immediately follow that though up with "no, I don't like ______ about that" but I'm working on it. I also managed to do my 80 second plank today after four days off. WHEW!! Crazy!

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you kicked it's butt!!

Comments

Popular Posts