Fridays Are My Kryptonite!


I swear, the alarm goes off on a Friday morning and my brain instantly scream, "PARTY!!!!" My willpower packs it's bags and slams the door on it's way out. UGH!

This morning I didn't eat on my way in to work, but did make a protein shake to have once I got to my office. Well, as soon as I showed up I was told we had an all-staff training. So, I hustle down to the meeting room to receive my Active Shooter Training that even included come back to our floor to learn how to barricade doors, good places to hide, where the exits are and what items in our office would make great weapons if we had to fight back. CRAZY!!!

The training actually went through my first appointment, so I had to duck out and do that. By the time I got off the phone, it was well past breakfast time and almost into snack! I then filled up my cup with coffee and forgot about it for the next hour. *sigh* It all went down from there. I've eaten three cookies that someone brought to the office since then and also convinced The Hubby to buy me the ingredients to make Snickertinis at tonight's Ladies' Night Out. I'm so weak!!

The one thing about the drink mixers is that I know I won't have them that often, so I'll have willpower there. It's the darn cookies and yummies that people bring in to the office on Fridays that start my downward spiral!

Thankfully, I have the rest of the day planned out and my plan is not to leave my office! I have my on-plan foods in my trusty lunch bag and I will eat them and enjoy them! I even brought an extra snack since I have to work late tonight! I'm also stopping at home after work to eat dinner quick before the party so that I will be less likely to stuff my gut full of the goodies there.

Emmy Lou and Abbycakes will be off to their dad's for the next five nights. I hate not having them home that many days in a row, but I'll see them for karate on Monday and when I get them back on Wednesday it's my turn to have them for 5 nights, so it evens out.

It also allows me the time to get some stuff done that I would easily talk myself out of if they were home with us. We have Kenziebug and Jack Jack for the next several days, so The Hubby will get some very rare time of just the three of them (I get that pretty often with the girls since he works 24 hours shifts often when I have them) and I will get some me time. The weather is still looking great to run and bike this weekend!

Anyway... Happy Friday!! The mood in the office has ramped up about 100 fold from yesterday. Funny how sunshine, payday and the final day of the workweek can do that, isn't it? I'll take it though. It helps the day go by faster when everyone is chattier!

Oh!! I almost forgot... Since it's Friday, I have to give you all two things that I like about my body. Hmmm... I told you it's getting tougher.

Okay, first is my nails. Don't roll your eyes and accuse me of a cop out, there's a reason! I chewed my fingernails all of the time until I left my ex. I started when I was a kid and could never stop. It was so bad that I often made them bleed. I decided in May (I think) after I started my divorce that I was going to stop chewing my nails. Funny time right? Stress?? What stress?? But I did it and I haven't looked back. They are now strong and they grow incredibly fast. I love to get creative with them and for the first time in my life, I enjoy manicures!


The second thing is my smile. I love the dimple that shows up when I smile. I love to smile, I love to laugh and I love to have fun. My smile disappeared for a while and now that I have it back, I love to see it. I hid from cameras and seldom had my picture taken for more than 10 years. Now I will gladly take selfies, or cuddle with the kids, The Hubby or my friends for a picture. I love that I look as happy as I am!


Comments

Popular Posts