Day 8 of 40 - Bring It On Monday, I'm Ready For Ya!

Monday is trying to be very Monday-ish today, but I refuse to let it get me down!


We successfully made it through our first full week of our challenge 100% on track. We even conquered the weekend which included a birthday party, lots of down time due to bad weather and some stellar co-parenting stress we managed to avoid temptations and resist falling back on old habits.

I'm happy to report that we were rewarded for our hard work. The Hubby was down over 9 pounds this first week and I was down over 8! (Keep in mind we are using Monday's weigh in as our beginning mark.)

I also finally got out of the house yesterday afternoon to do my second run of the week. Since the weather up here is absolutely horrible lately (high winds, rain and cold) I wasn't about to run outside, so I took to the ol' dreadmill. I was quickly reminded that I am not an indoor runner and I applaud those who can do higher miles on those darn things.

I officially had my first horrible run of the season. As soon as I got going I felt like everything hurt. My knees, hips, low back... everything was groaning. I never felt like I found my rhythm and decided that my long run was not going to happen on that darn machine. I managed to push through two miles before I called it good and moved on to do another four miles on the stationary bike. I wrapped it all up with a quick upper body workout and called it good.

It's absolutely crazy how good a hard workout can feel. Stress was the number one word on Sunday in our house and I was thankful to be able to get out and work it all off. The Hubby got his turn this morning and said the same thing. A hard workout does wonders for helping you burn off stress, anger, frustration, etc.

Tonight, I get to indulge in a different kind of therapy... friends and fun! We're having a Girls Night Out at a Paint Night event that we've all been looking forward to. I've been wanting to do one of these Paint Night events for over a year, so I'm pumped! Plus, laughs with good friends are the cure all to anything and everything that ails you. No worries! I've got my dinner planned and unfortunately, I won't be joining in the yummy drinks this time around, but it'll still be a blast!

The rest of the week is insane, but here's our menu and events for the week:

Monday: Chicken Caesar Salad (minus the crutons) at Paint Night

Tuesday: Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad at McTeacher's Night for the girls' school after karate and then Abbycakes has an extra baton practice for the school twirling club because they have a performance this week.

Wednesday: Bunless Burger with cottage cheese & green beans after Girl Scouts, but before karate.

Thursday: Cajun Shrimp Tacos after the girls have early karate and Abbycakes has her twirling performance.

Friday: We head to the cabin right after work, so our dinner is undecided at this time, but it'll be on plan!

We are always busy, but we aren't usually doubled up every day like this. I blame the fact that we are nearing the end of the school year, so everything is happening all at once. I have to say I'm super proud of my Abbycakes because she joined twirling and has still stuck with it even though Emmy Lou had to bow out. Times for practice changed and Emmy Lou had to make a choice. She chose karate and Abbycakes decided to keep doing it. Abbycakes is good about doing a lot of things with her sister by her side, but going solo is still a source of anxiety for her. I'm so happy to see her doing this on her own, knowing she will be performing for small crowds!

Anyway... I also need to get in three runs this week since the 10K is less than two weeks away! My goal is to run Tuesday, Thursday and over the weekend at the cabin. Hopefully the weather cooperates. Once I get through this race I will focus on getting more training for the triathlon for the next couple of months before switching back to half marathon training. I have to find a balance somewhere!

Now it's time for our daily "What I Like About Me" portion of this post. I have to list two today and my options are getting a bit more limited these days. Hmmmm.... I like that I love to teach and learn. These two go together because as much as I love to learn - I often say I would gladly be a perma-student - I love to pass what I learn onto others. Eventually, I would love to be an instructor for a tech college or other adult learning program. The other thing I love is my relationships. I'm a very lucky person to have so many family members and friends who love me for who I am. I'm also beyond blessed to have an amazing relationship with both of my girls. I'll always be mom first, but we are also friends and I hope that carries through to their adult years when I no longer need to play the strong parental role and can just enjoy being their friend!

Alrighty then! Enough babbling. Hello Monday... thanks for the visit and thanks for bringing some fun and excitement with you. Pooh on you for also sending me home with a sick kid, but thanks to our amazingly awesome Papa, I'll be headed back to work soon to finish out my day of work before my night of fun. Like I said.... BRING IT ON MONDAY! I'm ready for ya!!

Comments

Popular Posts