Day 10 of 40 - We're a Quarter of the Way There!!

I think it's safe to say that I'm closing in on the end of detox this time around. It wasn't as intense as the initial detox, but it still wasn't a whole lot of fun. My stomach is finally playing nicely with the rest of my body again and I am not dog tired all of the time. Actually, with the very little amount of sleep I got on Monday night, I was impressed that I didn't feel it until 10pm last night!

Unfortunately, I lost a lot of the progress from my first round of being on track 100%. I am back to having aching back, knees and frequent headaches. I know that I'll get past them, but there is definitely a direct relation to how my body feels after metabolizing sugars and carbs and messing with everything internally versus how it feels when I've been off of those items and processed foods (for the most part) for a period of time. They say that THM heals your body on the inside and I firmly believe that after feeling the difference of being 100% on plan and 50% on plan.

Yesterday was absolutely insane! I have to give a big shout out to my amazing hubby for all the help juggling our schedule yesterday. Between lunch and the end of the day we managed to successfully attend an appointment for me, (then back to work), a dentist appointment for both girls, karate for both girls, McTeacher's Night at McDonald's as a fundraiser for the girls' school, hand off the big kid to her dad, drop the little kid off at her twirling practice, pick up said kid from twirling and all ON TIME! Plus, thanks to his extra help with Abbycakes, I managed to get out for a run.


After I dropped off Abbycakes at twirling, I headed home to change into my running clothes and hit the road. It was cold and windy, but I recruited a running partner. Ding Dong (aka Jake) didn't do too bad for his first run with me. Our little jaunt reminded me of the game Paperboy (for my other friends of the 80s) with the extra challenge of a bunny and a very brave squirrel!

We both made it to the end alive and well - even if he decided to take a giant dump a block from home, at the end of someone's driveway, after I had dropped my plastic bag somewhere along our journey. Lucky me, the owner didn't grab their free classified ads newspaper over the weekend, that was soaking wet in the plastic bag on the ground, so I snatched that, did my doggie owner duties and wewalked our cool down the rest of the way home.

Funny enough, I stopped my running app when he decided to stop and squat and we were at exactly 3.2 miles (same as a 5K). With the wind fighting us the entire way out and the dopey dog creating some stoppage along the way, I managed to complete it faster than my goal for the Panther Pant at the end of the month, so that's a plus. The negative is that I fought my side pain for the first run in a month and I fought it the ENTIRE time, which hasn't happened since I started running again. The only thing I could pin it to is that we ate dinner before I ran, so hopefully that was all it was. We will see. I need to squeak in a short run (maybe Friday) and then my bestest running buddy is joining me on Sunday for our long run... 5 miles. EEEK!!

Tonight I'm undecided about karate. My body aches all over and the idea of going home to sit in a hot tub and ice my knees is very tempting, but we will see. A nice hard workout may be just the ticket as well! First we have our final Girl Scout meeting that includes a project. Next meeting my Brownies will bridge over to Juniors and then we will have our end of the year party! Super Busy Week of Craziness continues...


Comments

Popular Posts