Meal Plan Monday After A Killer Weekend

I'm actually happy that it's Monday again because I know I can get right back on track today. It was a crazy busy weekend and while I ate about 50% on track, the other 50% was WAY off track. I don't regret it, but I'm ready to feel a bit less bloated!!

Big weekend in our house this weekend!

Saturday Emmy Lou and two other girls from our Girl Scout Troop sold over 275 boxes of cookies at their booth. We were so proud of them! You could see them step out of their comfort zones with each purchase. By the end they were pros!

Sunday the three girls tried their hand at archery and I signed them up for a "tournament". It was more of a teaching environment, but they did keep score. We learned that all four kids are left eye dominant (who knew?!?) and that they loved the challenge! Emmy Lou has shot with her school's archery event the last two weekends, but Kenziebug & Abbycakes had never shot before. Jack Jack had to sit this one out because he was still too young - yes, he and Abbycakes are the same age, but he's not in kindergarten yet. They all did awesome, had a blast and can't wait to do it again. I call that a solid success!!


After archery, we all wolfed down some lunch quick and headed off to our belt test. The lower belt kids tested first and Emmy Lou and Kenziebug did awesome! Since they are no longer white belts, the tested is a little more involved. It's still like their regular class, but with lots more kids! 

They start with line drills and watch their form and technique with the punches and kicks they've learned at their level. Then they do their forms (which is what you see in the moving part of the pic below), which they now have two that they have memorized. After that they do their one-steps, which is basically a choreographed block/hit combo with a partner as if they are trying to hit you. Finally, they wrap up with sparring, which is beyond cute to watch with the little kids!

We were all pleasantly surprised when Emmy Lou was presented with her orange belt instead of her yellow with black stripe belt. We had no idea she had qualified to skip a belt or that they felt she was ready, but we were super proud. She puts in a lot of time and effort and it's fun to see her reap the benefits of hard work she is choosing to do on her own. We have told her over and over that she only has to go two days a week, but she almost always chooses to put in at least two more classes each week. She loves it!

Kenziebug doesn't get as much time to commit to it as Emmy Lou does because she can only go one the days we have her. So, we had to have a little talk with them both about how this is an individual journey, so we can't compare ourselves to others. We're still extremely proud that she moved up to her next belt and is still loving every minute of it!


For those wondering, the little ones don't test. Their belt advancement is strictly attendance based. Once they move up to the older kid class, they will start over as white belts and advance through attendance AND testing. Abbycakes absolutely cannot wait to move up! Silly girl!

The Hubby and I tested after the lower belt kids. The adults test at the same time as the upper belt kids. It's a long test! We have the same curriculum as the girls do, so we go through the same testing they did. After taking a solid hit to my shin last week I was not looking forward to sparring during the test. Thankfully, one of the senseis had some shin guards for me to use and I quickly learned to spar favoring my left side instead of my right!

I'm happy to report that The Hubby and I both got our yellow with black stripe belts! Next up... orange belt!


I'm sore today! We did almost non-stop karate for two hours! What an awesome and fun work out!!

So, it's Monday again! Meal planning with plans to get 100% back on track and at least maintain this week. I am also sticking to my goal of minimizing my sweet treats.

Today I had my coffee with creamer, but removed half of the sweetener from my creamer. That left room for a small treat at lunch, so I brought Skinny Peanut Butter Cups. That also means, I'm out of room for additional sweets the rest of the day. No fear, I've got this! I'm very curious to see what the limited amount of sweeter foods does to my body this week. I like challenges and experiments!

As for meal planning, here's how this week is looking!

Monday; Pulled Pork

Tuesday: Egg Sandwich on Sourdough

Wednesday; Chicken of the Chef's Choice

Thursday: More Eggs (eating solo)

Friday: Fish I think... we'll see!

It's not solid yet. We've been too busy to make the definite plans for the days The Hubby is cooking, so I'll have that updated tomorrow. We also never got a chance to try out the recipes I wanted to this weekend, but it's still on my to-do list!

Comments

Popular Posts