No Excuses, So Dust Off And Keep Going!

So, today was weigh in day. I paid for the damage I did earlier this week with finding comfort in naughty foods. Oh well. What's done is done. I knew that a couple of days lacking any appetite at all would not counter all of the damage, but at least it kept me in the lower 10's right? I have one week to bust my butt and show a 10 pound loss for this challenge. That means playing it straight for the whole week and losing four pounds. Totally doable. Especially since I still have very little appetite and feel like I've been hit by a Mac truck!


My two girls are on Spring Break next week. Mom guilt is kicking in big time and I'm really trying to stay out of the funk I can feel myself getting sucked into. They have all of next week off of school, plus the Monday after Easter. Due to my work schedule and being so short staffed, taking time off this week was just not going to happen. Thankfully, my parents are more than happy to have the girls at the cabin for the first few days. I know they'll have a blast with them and they will get out and do stuff. I just hate that I can't enjoy spring break with them!

Then, on Thursday, their dad will pick them up and hit the road for a trip to South Dakota to see his girlfriend's daughter. They won't be home until after school on Wednesday evening. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't struggling with that. This will be the longest we will have been apart. I know... they are 8 1/2 and 5 1/2, this isn't a horrible thing. It's just creating a ton of anxiety. This is the longest my ex has had the girls... well, EVER! They are driving over 750 miles one way and... well, I'm just struggling.

I know they'll be fine. I just know I'll miss them horribly and with no karate next week, I'm trying to fill my free time with workouts, The Hubby and friends. So far, as long as I stick to my plan, I should stay busy. Then I will easy my Mom Guilt next month when The Hubby and I take them on a mini getaway. I just wish I had the ability to take more time off with them, but what parent doesn't right??

So, I will start SLOWLY training for the triathlon I plan to do this summer. I have my sights on two. One is kind of a long shot, but that's why it's on my radar. The other is my backup plan. I know I can swim and I know I can bike... the hardest part will be the run. I decided to forego the relay. I want to do it all myself. I want to say I did it. I know I can. I just have to find a way to push through the pain. Honestly, the best thing I can probably do is condition my body and hope that by being in decent shape, my body will withstand the run a bit better. I know it's going to suck, but oh well!! I'll walk it if I have to!

I have 17 weeks until my Plan A race. I'm out of shape! I have a busy schedule.


If I really want to do it, I have to make it a priority to be ready to do it. No one can do that for me. In the end I have one goal...

DON'T DROWN! DON'T CRASH! DON'T FALL!

If I can avoid all three of those, I will consider it a success... even if I finish dead last!

So, with the girls out of town next week and no karate, I plan to hit it hard and start training! 

Monday... I'll kick it off with my first "run" in ages. My goal is to start slow with the run and build up stamina. Each run in the beginning will be 30 minutes with walk/jog intervals. 

Tuesday... I'll swim. The Hubby is off of work, so we can go together and even lift a bit after. I won't be starting the training with the idea of going as far or fast as I can. I plan to build up! 

Wednesday... is a rest day since my girls will be home that night before they leave for their trip the next day. 

Thursday... is another swim night with The Hubby. Did I mention I haven't told him this yet?? 

Friday... will be a bike night. 

Saturday... I'll rest and enjoy the day with The Hubby unless he wants to hit the gym. 

Sunday... I'll celebrate Easter with another run. The challenge will be getting in a 30-45 minute workout at least 3-4 days a week once we return to karate. 

Again, I have to make it a priority to succeed. It's on my calendar!! I want this! I want to race again. I miss it. I also want to feel like me again and I don't! I can't pinpoint any one thing, I just know that I am irritable, cranky, sensitive, emotional, frustrated... and so much more. I'm not me! I worked so hard to find my happiness... I won't live without it now. I know I can get there again.

First thing's first... shake this crud this weekend so I'm ready to roll on Monday!

And one last quote to leave you all with that a friend shared earlier today...


Comments

Popular Posts