Best Laid Meal Plans

So much for the meal plan I posted yesterday. The Hubby tried this BBQ Pork recipe and it was an epic FAIL! On top of that, my doc sent me to urgent care since my upper respiratory crap is back, so I spent three hours in the waiting room there after work. Fun times!! Thankfully it's just an upper respiratory infect and not my pneumonia again. *whew* Unfortunately, when I got out of there, I was so incredibly starved that I opted for drive thru. I didn't over indulge, but it wasn't on plan.

Today is a new day right?!

First up... a modified weekly menu.

Click on image for larger view

(EDITED - I was corrected on my lunch fuel assignment. I even added cottage cheese and it's an FP. Oops!)

You can see we're going to give the pork tenderloin another go. This time we'll be eating it sans sugar-free BBQ sauce! Not to say we won't keep looking for a good recipe for some. You'll also notice two more things...
  1. There are more E meals on this menu! I'm really working at shaking up my fuels. I know I need more S meals (lower carb) for my PCOS, but I also need E meals for the energy. There's nothing wrong with healthy carbs and my body needs them. It's just a big ol' mental game for me at times.
  2. There are less sweets on this menu! No more daily dessert after lunch AND dinner. There's sweetener in my creamer, protein shake and Skinny Peanut Butter Cups, but I'm not eating all of them in one day. There's about 1/2 a tablespoon of xylitol in my creamer, but there's only 2 tablespoons in the entire recipe for the Skinny Peanut Butter Cups. A lot of our individual desserts or meals with sweeteners have 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of xylitol, so you can see how I've cut back by eliminating nightly desserts and cutting the amount of xylitol in half in my creamer recipe. It's still a work in progress, but I'm sticking to it!
Since our new recipe attempt for this week failed miserably, I am on the hunt for another one that I can squeeze in yet. Hopefully it's more successful than last night's! Considering we've only had two or three failed recipe attempts, I'd say we're doing pretty darn good!

Tonight is a low key night. I'm going to disinfect my house while everyone is out and about and start washing everyone's bedding. I'm also super pumped at the idea of being able to open up the windows and air the house out a bit this week. Hopefully spring is truly on it's way north! I'm so ready to be done with sickness in our house!!

Comments

Popular Posts