NEED. MORE. COFFEE.


There's no such thing as enough coffee today, so my "one cup a day" policy just isn't working for me! I had a long night after my shin met the shin of a fellow student at karate during sparring. Who knew that could hurt so much?!?  Walking isn't my favorite thing to do today, but sitting at my desk results in head bobbing and I don't really want a head injury, from slamming my head on the desk, to accompany the wicked bruise forming on my shin! Oh, the joys of martial arts. Plus, I learned a very good lesson last night... buy shin guards! Did I mention I am still absolutely loving karate??

The key today will be to get up and move around. Keep my leg stretched out and keep myself awake! From there it will be all about not eating as a form of staying busy! I can carry over yesterday's saying into today... Suck it up Buttercup!

Good news, after three weeks, the lap pool at our local YMCA is back in action. I hope to test it, and my new blue tooth heart rate monitor strap, out next week. Crazy enough I have a couple of free evenings next week! Plus, the girls are always game for heading to the pool for a swim!

This weekend will require some major planning/prepping to stay on track. Saturday Emmy Lou has archery first thing in the morning and then we head straight to the store to set up and run a cookie booth for four hours. We'll finally get back home around 2;30. Since I've been lacking on E meals, I'll be planning a family E meal for Saturday. I've been craving Chinese lately, so I think we'll throw together a chicken stir fry with fried rice. Mmmmm!

Sunday we will have breakfast at home, but then we'll be at the karate test until dinner. We'll definitely be packing snacks and lunch for everyone to tide us all over through the event. Thankfully, Nana is coming to rescue the little ones before The Hubby and I start our test, so we won't have to worry about them while we are busy. Nana is my hero!!

Sunday is a free day from their Lent commitments for Emmy Lou and Abbycakes. That means they will be able to enjoy a little wider variety of snacks, but I'm hoping to have time to make this recipe for Low-Carb Double Chocolate Donuts or these Low-Carb Sour Cream Donuts on Saturday evening to enjoy as a treat on Sunday morning. My goal, starting this weekend, is also to up my fruit & veggie intake, so I'll be packing snack bags with carrots, snap peas and throwing an apple in there for good measure. I can't wait for berries to come back in season!!!

Just over three weeks left of Lent and we've got this! I feel like I've really found my stride again. I could have opted to eat horribly last night and stuff my face because I hurt. I would have in the past. Instead, I grabbed an apple and a bottle of water! YAY ME!!!! I've got this!! Even if I am in dire need of more coffee today.


Comments

Popular Posts