Must Stay Strong!


Oh this is so me!!! I need to focus on the good things because the stupid scale is staying high. I know my body is probably freaking out over the sudden bombarding of activity and holding onto everything "just in case". I think my body feels it needs to be in fight or flight mode and better prepare for the worst case scenario, like not eating for the next two months, so it's holding onto everything. Super fun! UGH!!

Official weigh in is tomorrow, but I broke my own rules and stepped on a day early. I was curious if I had made any progress on the Easter damage. Nope! *sigh*

This is where this post from two days ago comes in handy. Time to do an overall assessment!

Fitbit - Still showing that I've reached my daily goals every day this week and have hit my goal of 3+ days of working out. WOOHOO!!

Heart Rate Monitor - I forgot it for karate last night, but last night was even sweatier than Monday, so I know I've killed it in burning calories every day this week!

Clothes - definitely looser! The work pants that were getting snug are now loosening way up, even though the scale is higher.

The swim suit hasn't even shipped yet, so I'm bumming a bit on the wait with that. It'll get here when it gets here.

My Fitness Pal - I've tracked my food every day and have been 100% on plan, except for the pre-planned beer on Tuesday night that I worked into my food journal.

For those wondering how Trim Healthy Mama figures out in calories, I have to admit that my curiosity got the better of me as well. I've tracked all of my food all week on MFP and came to an interesting conclusion...

I've been within my calorie allowance every single day. Today will be the exception because I had two Skinny Peanut Butter Cups with lunch. MFP doesn't consider the goodness of the healthy fats and only sees a high calorie, high fat treat. So, when I eat those, it'll put me over, but thankfully I know that my body needs those healthy fats as well. It's an eye opener though... I can't go back to eating two every day. Even though I'm eating the THM way, I still have to be aware of how much I'm putting in my body of each fuel. Reality is, we can feel our bodies fat, but in the end it can only burn so much fat. No need to overwhelm it!

So, overall, I'm feeling good about my week. Yes, I'll be a touch frustrated that the scale is up higher than it has been in a long time, but I know it'll be forced cooperate with my current daily activity quota and food intake. The scale WILL LOSE!

Just to prove my point, I'm planning to do karate tonight. Friday is my first rest day all week and I will welcome it! Then Saturday is a run day and Sunday is a swim day. Next week I'll do it all all over again! I am a competitive person by nature and I'm thoroughly enjoying the challenge I've thrown for myself.



Comments

Popular Posts