Fridays Create Happiness!!

Friday's that bring a loss on the scale for weekly weigh in bring even more happiness!! Add to that that it is currently forecasted to be in the 40s this weekend brings even more happiness!! I won't let the added detail of possible snow tonight bring me down. No sir! No way! We are headed toward spring... full steam ahead!


Why the excitement about weather that some of you would still find cold? I choose to live up here. I actually like winter. I love to ice skate and play winter sports like broomball, hockey or go sledding with the kids. Unfortunately, our springs are so so so long! They seem to drag on forever. We had a pretty light winter this year, so to say that there is some nervousness among the natives about the possibility of Mother Nature burying us before the end of April would be a pretty accurate statement. I'll take the warm weather and melting snow any day we can get it. I want to get out and ride bikes, let the kids and dogs out to play without bringing back a mud bog and open the windows to air out the house after months of lock down!

I really do like winter, I like when it's done too! Bring on the warmer weather, budding trees, warm sunshine and green grass. The forecast says 40s and 50s for the next two weeks. The picture above of young Emmy Lou sums up my feelings about that!

There's so much to do this weekend. That means it's going to go by in the blink of an eye! It's okay, another one will come soon enough. This month is crazy busy, so I only see the days flying by until suddenly it's April. I'm excited for everything that's going on in the next three, insane days - archery, cookie booth, belt test... POOF it's Monday. But next week is pretty chill, so bring it on!

As for today... I made it another week completely how I had planned. I made plans for a girl's night mid-week and worked that in. Even with a couple of drinks with the ladies I'm down another pound and a half! WOOHOO!!! Slowly but surely I'm creeping closer to where I was last fall.

I've lost almost 10 pounds since the start of 2016. I'm at the lowest weight I've seen on the scale since mid-December when things really started to go downhill. I'm loving that clothes are getting loose again. I also noticed that the knee pain that was causing daily pain and stiffness earlier this year hasn't bothered me once this week! Plus, even though I've been short on sleep and rundown this week, I am waking up pretty alert and ready to start my day in the mornings. Not bad for an eternal morning hater!

So, it's Friday! We have all of the kids home again for the next few days. Tonight is pasta for the kiddos and shrimp for The Hubby and I (since we didn't get to enjoy it on Wednesday as originally planned). Saturday's dinner is stir fry chicken and fried rice. Unfortunately, Sunday is to be determined. We had originally planned to attend a dinner event, but decided we'll be too wiped out after a day of belt testing, so plans are still in the works there. I'm also working on next week's as well, since we will have to find time to shop and prep for the week somewhere in there too!


Since I agree with the statement above, here we go! I'm setting a goal for myself for the next week. It's actually a couple of things wrapped into one goal.

I've noticed a little more bloating than I had when I first started THM. I think I've nailed down the culprit... Xylitol. Don't get me wrong. This is an awesome substitute for sugar and is far far better than using an artificial sweetener. Feel free to Google that, I promise you it's a good option. Your body doesn't break it down and turn it into insulin or fats, it actually just passes through your body. Since it doesn't break it down, it can have trouble processing a larger amount, which could create tummy troubles, gas, and/or bloating. No issues with the first two, but I think it's the reason for the last. Here's why...

A typical day for me looks like this:

Breakfast: Chocolate PB protein shake OR breakfast burrito
Snack: Coffee w/homemade creamer
Lunch: Cold cut wrap w/sides and 2 skinny PB cups for dessert
Snack: 000 Greek Yogurt
Dinner: Something yummy
Dessert: PB Whip, Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Balls, etc.

Okay... I sweeten my protein shake with xylitol. We use xylitol in our PB cups and our skinny chocolate. Greek yogurt is actually sweetened with stevia which comes from the stevia plant and can also cause bloating. Then, dessert is always sweetened by xylitol. See what I mean??

I'm using xylitol as my crutch as I give up sugar, but I'm just trading one sweet for another. That's just not going to work in the long run. So, I'm going to limit myself on my sweetened items. If I have a shake, I can't have dessert or coffee. If I have dessert at lunch, no dessert after dinner. Moderation is key here. I want to see if backing off of the xylitol helps with the bloated feeling. This also means I'll be stepping up my fruits and veggies again. I need the fiber, plus I need the sweet taste to fill that need. I don't crave sugar or sweet treats like I used to, so hopefully this is simple.

There you have it! Things are going really well lately, I just feel the need to tweak and to also keep learning. I'm still working on the newest book and I'm planning on using some new recipes next week. Here's to another week on track and finishing the second half of this challenge strong!!!

Comments

Popular Posts