Tuesday Ramblings & Meal Planning


Day 1 was a complete success! No cheats at all... not even the temptation to eat and I promise you, there are still temptations in my house. Karate started back up last night. Emmy Lou and I both agree that sparring will be fun. The Hubby had to miss out on class since he was feeling under the weather, but anxious to get to class tomorrow!

As our sensei explains it, "It's just a high speed game of tag between two people." You don't haul off and clock someone, you literally tap them in strike zones worth points. So, it's not true martial arts fighting for those who were wondering about me throwing my dramatic, super sensitive, kind souled Emmy Lou to the wolves. She was nervous about hitting someone and even getting hit back, but came out of class all smiles! Unfortunately, our adult class ran out of time, so we didn't get to try it out, but he promised we would next class! Sparring will be part of our belt testing the first weekend in March.

After class was done and everyone was tucked into bed, I treated myself to a couple Skinny Peanut Butter Cups for a snack. It completely hit the spot! Plus, The Hubby and I battled it out in a few games of ping pong - our new favorite past time!

Today is karate for the kids, then I have a Mardi Gras meeting at the school, so it'll be a late night getting home. I'm prepared! I brought an extra meal to have late in the day to tide me over until I can get home and have some dinner.

Since yesterday's post was so busy, I didn't want to get into a break down of meals, but here ya go!


Breakfasts this week are the Freezer Breakfast Burritos I shared in yesterday's post.

Lunches are mixed salad with rotisserie chicken, Tuscan EVOO, cheese & veggies with a side of cottage cheese and a Skinny Peanut Butter Cup for dessert.

Here's the dinner line up for the week...

Monday - Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cheesy Bacon Mashed Cauliflower & Green Beans (We swapped out gouda cheese for cheddar cheese this time around and it was yummy! I think I liked it better, but I'm not a fan of smoked flavoring and gouda has that.)

Tuesday - Lemon Chicken Pasta with Green Beans

Wednesday - THM Cottage Pancakes with breakfast sausage & fruit

Thursday - Bunless Burgers with Cheesy Cauliflower Tots**

Friday - Low-Carb Pizza with Salad**

Saturday - Crepes & All Fruit Jelly with Eggs & Sausage

**These are recipes that we haven't used yet. I've used a different cauliflower tot recipe, but we're still on the search for that perfect faux tot! This low-carb pizza recipe is also new. We've tried a few different recipes for this staple meal too, but haven't found that "this is awesome" recipe yet.

So, that's our week at a glance! We have our usual karate days, I have two evening meetings, and the big news in the house is that Emmy Lou & Abbycakes get to join the school twirling club (baton twirling). They will perform at the school's spring concert in May, so there is major excitement in the house. They wanted to join in the fall, but we had to see how the karate and Girl Scout schedule worked out. What's one more thing right? Actually, this is right after school when they are usually at after school care, so I figured they might as well join and have fun during that hour once a week! Pics to come of course!


Comments

Popular Posts