Random Friday Afternoon Ramblings

Yeah, I know... two posts in one day! Like I don't ramble enough.

Well, first off, I realized that I didn't have my 2016 Results page checked to show up on my blog, so it's there now. It's not pretty, but it's there!

Second, you all know I'm big on numbers. I'm horrible about comparing, contrasting, finding patterns, whatever. My family teases me about it. I was the kid who was a walking phone book - this was long before cell phones mind you. So, I was looking at my start with THM vs. my re-start with THM.

It's funny how the mind plays tricks on you. I've been trying hard not to get frustrated about my slow progress this time around. Funny thing is, compared to June's stats when I started last time, I'm pretty much right on track. In my mind it all happened so fast, but that's because I'm looking back over several weeks and my memories several weeks in. Now I'm in the thick of it again (that was a bad pun that was not meant) and I realize that this is me. This is my body. This is how I function. And honestly, this is crap! I'm beating myself up several times a week over a number and my lack of progress.

As much as we've seen this particular saying, I still need a constant reminder...


So, check it out...


This was an eye opener for me. First... maybe it's time to step away from the numbers. Second... I'm doing pretty darn good. A loss is a loss is a loss. It's better than a gain. Plus, I'm comfortable in my clothes today, nothing feels too tight (like it had been) and I'm wearing my post THM clothes too! This is a process and that statement is true. Just because I workout hard one day or eat really well one day, doesn't mean that the scale is going to instantly reward me the next. 

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE, MAMA!!!

So, no more weighing! Next Friday I will step on the scale again. I know The Hubby reads my posts, so I'm going to ask him here to please hide the scale before I get home tonight. If I ask for it, tell me to get myself a glass of water and do some sit ups and push ups to take my mind off of it. *grins* Yes, I give you full permission to tell me no and to go get my hiney moving instead of worrying about it.

That is all... I was just killing the last few minutes of my lunch time. I really posted this to let the other scale obsessive people out there like me know that they aren't alone and that it's not worth driving yourself crazy about or criticizing yourself over.

I challenge those out there reading to focus on something other than the scale number in February. Try on a pair of slightly-too-tight pants the first day of the month. Then, when you feel the need to weigh, try on those pants and judge your progress. We wear our clothes, we don't wear a number on the scale! That's my goal for next month and I know the pair of pants to use!

So... I leave you all with this. Happy Friday!!



Comments

Popular Posts