Day 1 of 28 - Post Vacation Detox


I had an absolute blast on my trip. It was everything I needed... fun, laughter and relaxation. It was also a lot of things I didn't need, but enjoyed like drinks, fried foods and desserts! The six pounds I gained on my trip was well worth the fun and memories. I love experiencing new places and learning how different things are when I get away from home.

For those who aren't quite sure where I live, I live way, way up north. I'm at the northwest tip of Wisconsin at the tip of Lake Superior. We live about 2 hours south of the Canadian border. So, I live up north. It's cold here. Today it's -11 degree, which isn't uncommon for January. Actually, it will get much colder before winter releases it's hold.

When I got to Kansas it was 61 degrees and the sun was shining. I actually drove with the cool air on! I went to a couple of breweries down there and was happy to see that some things are the same no matter where you go... microbreweries make great beer! I got a tattoo and went rock climbing... things I can do here, but that were so fun to experience down there. We ate... oh my gosh did we eat! We spent a few hours at the spa, drank champagne, ate some more and went shopping. Seriously awesome girls weekend!

By Sunday I couldn't wait to have a home cooked meal and enjoy food that wasn't insanely rich (although delicious) and enjoy water from home. Yes, I'm one of those weird people who thinks water anywhere else tastes "funny". I know... I know...

The Hubby and I planned our weekly menu and shopping list on the drive back from the airport. Then, as soon as we unpacked the car, I jumped back in and ran to the grocery store. That zapped the last of my energy, but I went home and made some Freezer Breakfast Burritos to get us through most of the week for breakfast and packed my lunch for work today.

It's a long day away from home today... Work, Girl Scout meeting, kids karate, adult karate and finally home, so I had to pack a solid lunch and a few snacks to get me through until dinner. I also packed a Good Girl Moonshine, since I haven't had one since I was seriously on track this summer. Needless to say... we were prepared for day one. Here's how it looks!

Breakfast - Breakfast Burrito @ 7:30am
Snack - Coffee w/homemade creamer at 9am (this was okay, because I didn't cross my fuels - both are an S)
Lunch - Chicken Caesar Lettuce Wraps w/veggies on the side & skinny peanut butter cup @ 12:30pm
Snack - Apple w/cheese stick @ 3:30
Snack - Protein Shake @ 6:30pm (I'll need something before karate at 7)
Dinner - Cheeseburger Pie @ 8:30 (again, this is ok because it's the same fuel - S meals)

Like I said, I also have a Good Girl Moonshine (GGMS) to drink today and I'm working on my third 30oz bottle of water as of lunch time. Everything is off to a good start!

**EDITED - So, I came back to edit this to tell you all how very tired I really was last night while I was packing my lunch. There's a slight tweak to my lunch, since there is no lettuce in my lunch bag to wrap my chicken in! HA! So, instead I will be having chicken and veggies. That works too. Oops! I guess day one isn't going as smoothly as I thought!

Tonight is karate, which I know will be rough since I didn't make it once last week. I hope they kick our butts tonight. I need it! We also kick off two hours of mandatory overtime this week at work, so I'll work that in between Girl Scouts and karate as well. Nothing like jumping straight back into reality. There's no such thing as easy back in around here!

So, I finally remembered to take pics while I was making the burritos last night. These are super slick for an on-the-go breakfast. You can find the recipe here.

Here's my burrito making station in progress. The recipe calls for salsa. I tried that last time, but I'm not a big fan of salsa on my eggs, so I went without this time around. They were still plenty moist. So, his has salsa and mine was the eggs from the recipe, ground breakfast sausage and shredded cheese. Like I said the last time I posted this, we use a low-carb tortilla. The have 6g of net carbs, so they still fall under S meal requirements.


Once I had the shells full, I rolled them up and wrapped them in Glad Press & Seal saran wrap because they stay closed with the stickiness of that. Like the recipe says, you can use whatever works for you. I just prefer this.


There's my burrito pile! His and hers burritos! Once they are all wrapped, I throw one for each of us into the fridge for the morning and put the rest in a gallon bag and stuff them in the freezer.


I take one out each night and put it in the fridge. That way it's thawed by morning. I unwrap it, throw it on a paper plate, nuke it for 45 seconds, flip it over and hit another 30 seconds and then grab it and run out the door with it! Absolutely perfect for those who are just not functioning on all eight cylinders in the morning, like me!

Needless to say, I am welcoming day one and enjoying my yummy, fresh food. Then again, day one is always easy. Hopefully I'll still feel the same way in a week. I'll be honest... being on plan during the summer is so much easier than during the winter. There are so many options for fresh veggies and fruits! Winter options are limited... and I'm totally a winter warm fuzzy comfort food kind of girl. It's harder to kick the habit of wanting mashed potatoes and creamy potato soup and ordering in for simplicity than it was to get myself to add veggies to the grill to have with my steak this past summer! I'll get there, it'll just take some serious reprogramming!

Comments

Popular Posts