Get A Move On Monday... I've Got Things To Do!

The Hubby and I took the girls ice skating for the first time this year. It was fun, but my girls are Nervous Nellies! I feel like I was born on skate and they are scared to death on the ice without the skate trainer to hold onto! They both did great though!! We WILL learn how to skate without that darn trainer this year though!


After skating, we dropped The Hubby off at home to try to nap away his head cold and I took the girls swimming. On the drive there Emmy Lou had 101 questions about my upcoming trip this week.

"Where will Abbycakes and I be?"
"How long will you be gone?"

Your typical kid questions when a parent announces that they will be gone for a few days. Then the questions got a bit more detailed.

"How big is the plane you'll be on?"
"How long is the flight to get there?"
"What will you do on the plane ride?"

That last one got me thinking. My answer to her is that I will read a book, but after I got to work this morning I started thinking about planning for our next challenge (our next one is a 28-day cleanse) and about the new THM book (you can find out more about them here) and decided that it would be a perfect time to read the new book. I've been reading it here and there, but I need to sit down and really spend time with it. I learn something new each time I read the book. I read the old one twice before I actually started and was working on a third time when the new book was released. Can you all see me on the plane with a pen, a highlighter, and Post It arrows to mark the good pages?!?

There are always ways to improve on how we are doing the program. I learn something I'm not doing entirely right each time I read it, so I can hone my skills a bit, but also start planning ahead for our challenge. We start back 100% on THM the Monday after my trip. Something tells me that I'll need the detox after this weekend of friends, food and drinks!

I am struggling to be at work today because I have so much to do, but with a crazy busy week this week, the meal plans are simple this week.

Monday - Cheese omelet for me and Subway for the girls before karate as we have to grocery shop before I drop them off.

Tuesday - Tacos (kid request)

Wednesday - Dinner on the road!

Basically... two days of behaving and then the rest is keeping myself for diving in to this trip mouth first. I love trying new restaurants that we don't have, but I also don't need to eat my way through Kansas!

I'm not going to set myself up for failure saying that I'll stay on plan, because I plan to not be on plan. My plan is, lots of walking, lots of fun and laughter and I may even sneak in a run (with more walking than running) on Friday to check out the scenery on foot!

I promise... I'll stop babbling about this trip in three more day. Well, I'll share about it when I get back too, but the obsession will end soon! I've only flown one other time in my life - commercially anyway - and I love to fly! This will be my first time renting a car though. Yup... small town girl does not get out very often! WATCH OUT!


Comments

Popular Posts