Day 11 of 28 - We'll Just Wing It!


Sometimes things just don't work out according to plan, no matter how well you plan it. The Hubby and I make a meal menu for the week each week. Last night was supposed to be baked chicken and quinoa. Well, it was also a karate night - late class, so we usually eat before we go. The chicken had other plans. It wasn't even close to done a half an hour before class, so that left no time to whip up another meal and our kiddos needed fuel for class. Bring on the apples and yogurt! We gave them a snack to get them through class and then splurged on a pizza for them to eat while we were in class. Not the best option, but a good solution to our dinner-less problem.

The Hubby and I ended up having protein shakes and then he had some chicken when we got home. I'm very proud to report that I sucked it up and went to karate. I also FINALLY got to spar. Fun times! Then we got home, go the kids to bed and I was in bed by 9:00. Totally unheard of for me!

A couple of good things about today. I refuse to be crabby! I'm feeling slightly better, so obviously a good night's sleep helped. There's still plenty of frustration and stress with things that are going on right now, but that's life and it will always be life, so I have to learn to shake it off and not let it drag me down. It's really not worth it. I go through phases of being good about not falling into that energy sucking cyclone of negativity. This time I choose to run from it. Another good thing is that I was 100% on plan yesterday and felt good after a solid, sweaty workout and that good feeling rolled right into today. I'm just going to go with it!



Today I choose to be happy!


It has also been a fantastic on-track day. My appetite still hasn't fully returned, which makes it slightly easier. When you're not craving much of anything, you're pretty safe. Tonight we'll probably eat the baked chicken we didn't get a chance to eat yesterday and bump the burgers to tomorrow night. I can't tell you how excited I am to try the Baked Mozzarella Sticks that I posted about yesterday. The Hubby made homemade bread crumbs and prepped the sticks to freeze before baking them for dinner tomorrow!


Yup! He's pretty awesome. I know I've said it before, but I'm so glad he likes to cook because I so do not! I don't mind baking, but I'm not patient enough to cook regularly. He cleans too, ladies!

So, we have our plan for tonight. Hopefully nothing gets in the way this time. We're down to two tonight after an early kids' karate class. I'm still on mandatory overtime, so I have an extra snack to tide me over until I can get home for dinner. Then it's early to bed for me again and hopefully kicking this bug to the curb in time for the weekend!

This weekend is our normal crazy weekend. We're actually gaining back a couple of kids for part of it due to some events we are attending. We have a birthday party, a Girl Scout hockey event, and we're taking all four skating on Sunday. Skating could be entertaining or very scary - his two have never been on skates beyond roller skates, although Kenziebug has gotten the hang of roller skating, so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Thankfully the rink provides skate tutors for public skate times. It'll definitely be a fun, new thing to do together.

I've skated pretty much my whole life and often tell people I skate better than I walk. It's true... I'm more likely to fall while walking. It's fun to take the kids to open skate because it's at the rink where I played college hockey, so they ask about it and I share memories... it's one of my happy places for sure!

Enough rambling! Friday is on it's way.... I can smell it! Until then, chin up and smile... people will wonder what you're up to!

Comments

Popular Posts