Day 10 of 28 - Dragging Myself Over The Hump


Happy Hump Day! Today, that image is me. Wiped out and sick. I love my kids... I love that they learned to share... I love that they still want to give kisses and hugs and insist I sample whatever they are eating or drinking... but I do NOT love that they share their wonderful, icky, sicky germs!

This time it is not a drill. This one's the real thing and I'm already on day three of what my coworkers state is at least a two to three week bug. Oh I hope not!!

Even so... I've managed to have a quiet, productive day at work. Tonight we will get all of the kids to karate and, unless the truck that's parked on my chest decides to move by 7pm, I will graciously bow out of karate for tonight, take the kids home, put them to bed and then crash on the couch.

A major highlight is that I have absolutely zero appetite right now, so I'm on plan by default. I do have fleeting cravings, but overall I just don't feel like putting the effort into eating today.

This will not get me down! I will not wallow or be negative. This week was rough, but now it's time to turn it around. To do that, I must radiate positivity! Well, radiate might be a bit too overzealous, but I will try hard to keep positive and have a good attitude the rest of the week. No more funk! I know some extra rest will help with that tonight.

My awesome hubby is making dinner tonight - Chicken & Garlic Quinoa, so I'm beyond thankful to not have to go home and do that after work. I'm pretty sure everyone would be eating pancakes and cereal if I did. Poor choice, so YAY for Super Hubby!

With that, I will share with all of you our "new recipe" of the week. Actually, it's sorta, kinda two recipes, so here ya go. Tomorrow night is bunless bacon cheeseburgers with healthy mozzarella sticks. In order to make the mozzarella sticks, we need breadcrumbs, so I found a recipe to make homemade bread crumbs out of our sourdough bread. Once those are done, The Hubby will pre-make these awesome looking Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks to go with our burgers. Be sure to check back later this week for our family recipe review!

Comments

Popular Posts