Friday, I'm So Happy You're Finally Here!


True story! I know, I totally live for Fridays. The best part about this Friday is that I have my girlies all weekend and we have so much fun planned! I feel like I don't get much time with them during the week. Once I get home from work we do homework, eat dinner and go to karate, or do showers, jammies and bed time. I think our main quality time is homework! I'm one of those rare parents who enjoys sitting down and helping the kids with homework though. I was also that ridiculously weird kid who liked homework when I was in school too! Yeah... I know, I'm an odd duck!

On the weekend we get to snuggle, play, and just enjoy each other. Most weekends we have kids at least one day, so there's always someone to have fun with. Even the weekends when it's just me, I enjoy the quiet time to myself. Not to mention that I am so not a morning person, so I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!!

Tonight is a karate night for the adults. We'll be down to two kids after having all four for at least part of the evening every day this week. I'm excited to actually spar in class tonight since I haven't gotten to yet. The Hubby got to spar most of the class on Wednesday, but since I was at a meeting I missed out. I didn't go last night because my side pain was probably the worst it's ever been. It's starting to be ongoing, pretty regularly without any activity, which is frustrating. The girls and I will hit the gym on Saturday, then Sunday we will add The Hubby to the fun, but I have planned workouts every day from today through Monday!

Oooh I almost forgot... I have an NSV and an SV to share today. First, the scale victory (SV), since today is weigh in day. I'm back down under 190! Since next week will be one year since I weighed for the first time in 2015, I will officially be OVER 20 pounds lost in the past year. Here's to another 20 or more this year!!! My non-scale victory (NSV) is that we have a birthday at work today and one of my co-workers made a delicious looking trifle made out of cream cheese, whip cream, strawberries, angel food cake and Golden Oreos... You can all picture it now, right? Well, I successfully declined and watched everyone else enjoy a bowl during our morning meeting!

I'm still cheat free, even though the pizza we got for the kids last night smelled and looked so tempting! The hubby made us some Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta with Dreamfields pasta last night that really hit the spot though. This is most definitely an S meal and since calories are still something that do count in weight loss, I would suggest not over indulging on this one, or saving it for those weeks when you just need something rich and heavy. It was absolutely heavenly!

Now, I just need to continue my cheat-free ways and make it through the weekend! Have a great weekend everyone!


Comments

Popular Posts