Noooooo!!! Say It Isn't So!!

I cannot and WILL NOT be sick! It's just not going to happen! The Hubby has been battling a head cold since this weekend and, although I have kept my distance and banished him to the other end of the couch when we watch tv AND put a pillow between us in bed, I believe he has shared his germs.

Yup! I'm totally blaming it all on him. I haven't been sick for more than 12 hours (which I'll blame more on allergies) in about a year. Today I woke up feeling like someone dumped a sandbox into my eyes, punched me in the face and stabbed me in the ear with a carrot. Yes, a carrot! I don't know why it was a carrot, it just was. Even worse yet... I don't have drugs at work! *sobs*

WAIT! WAIT!! WAIT!!!!!!


The Coffee Gods are smiling down on me today! Not only did my first cup perk me up, but a second rifling through my drawers at work turned up these beautiful little cold pills. YAHOO!!!! There are no words for how happy this makes me. It's the little things in life!!

I bought Airborne last night too. Of course, I forgot to take it this morning! This evening will be a dose of zinc and Airborne and a movie with The Hubby after we get the kiddos to bed. Since I got the plague from him anyway, at least I can cuddle with him and wallow in self-pity.

Here's the thing about being sick as a woman, especially a woman on with plans... I'll put on my big girl undies tomorrow and pretend that I'm not sick. Mind over matter right? I will get through work and celebrate as I walk out the door at the end of the day. Then I will enjoy every minute of my vacation. I will not dwell on the fact that I only take two longer vacations each year and, while I'm fit as fiddle almost every day I'm at work, my body decided to be sick while I'm off. Nope, I won't be bitter! Really though, I'll be too busy having fun to even notice. I will be popping cold meds like they are Tic Tacs though. *grins* Kidding... Those are about the only directions I actually follow to a T.

Back to putting the kiddos to bed. We have my two girls tonight for my final night before I leave. My oldest does not do well with extended leaves from Mom. Actually, she does fine once she's gone, but she's my eternal pessimist and worrier. My ex and I were talking about her pessimism last night and honestly have no clue where she gets it. She has a major "can't do" attitude and is my drama child. Neither of us are like that, so it baffles the heck out of us. If anyone has suggestions for helping with that, I'd be more than open to hearing them. We NEVER tell her she can't do something... just the opposite. I'm always telling my girls that there's no bar too high, they can do whatever they put their mind to and that falling or failing is not the end of it. But I digress...

The kids requested tacos for dinner after karate tonight, so The Hubby is shopping for regular taco supplies for them, and we're going to branch out and try a new kind of shrimp tacos I found on Pinterest. Tonight's THM-friendly dinner will be Shrimp Tacos with Garlic & Cilantro Mayo.The mayo in this recipe will make it an S meal, but if you used Greek Yogurt instead, you'd have an E meal and could add some quinoa or rice as a side. I'm leaving that up to my chef to decide tonight, but I'll be sure to let you know which route we went and post a recipe review tomorrow.

Well, my meds are kicking in, the ringing in my ears is lessening and the little drummer in my head has softened his beat, so I'm going to stop whining and make this a productive day!

Comments

Popular Posts