Picture Overload... Let's Get This Party Started!

We are officially back on track. We aren't starting our 30 day challenge just yet because I leave for Kansas City next week for a long weekend with a couple of awesome friend. I can't wait!! I know there will be more naughty food, drinks and plenty of fun, so I want to counteract it all with a week and a half of hitting it hard.

The Hubby and I were talking about it last night before bed. We are actually looking forward to being back on track, especially knowing the positive things that are headed our way. Less bloat, less gas - OMG the gas! I feel like I could be jet propelled most days lately! Sorry if that's an overshare, it's just so very true! I'm also looking forward to reducing the acne that has popped back up all over my stinking body! It's a wonderful symptom of PCOS, but I loathe it! Less headaches, exhaustion, crankiness... well, we just know we will feel better overall. And our clothes will fit better again!

Darn holidays! Kidding! We've actually had a pretty fun couple of months.

We also kicked off 2016 with fun at the cabin with family. Sledding, hot cocoa and a soak in the hot tub. It was a beautiful day to get out and play!



We wrapped up our party days with a birthday party for Kenzie Bug. We officially have two 8 year olds and two 5 year olds!


I also managed to get out this past weekend and get my first workout of 2016 in the books. Funny enough, it was one of my best swims ever! I fell right back into a good groove and just felt great. I even got to use my new heart rate monitor! Afterword I realized that I should have looked up the laps/distance ratios again before I hit the pool. I was just shy of doing 1/2 of a mile when I called it good. Oh well... next time! It's funny that two years ago I could hardly do 1/4 of a mile and first time back in the pool I doubled that! WOOHOO!!


We also head back to karate night for our first night learning to spar! So excited. Our oldest was chattering about it as we headed out the door for school this morning. I love that she's still so excited about karate this many months into it!

On the THM and getting back on track side of things, we did some major grocery shopping yesterday, we have our meals planned out all the way through next week when I leave for my trip. We spent some time in the kitchen prepping some goodies. The Hubby made some Skinny Peanut Butter Cups while made some Freezer Breakfast Burritos.


You can find the recipe for these HERE. I learned a couple of things while I was making these. First, since I prefer the non-chunkiness of picante sauce, make sure you have enough of you salsa of choice on hand. I made half with regular salsa for The Hubby and half with picante for me. A little goes a long ways. Second, make sure you have the LARGE taco shells for this and not the small fajita shells. Oops! I guess you could always do two small burritos instead of one large one if you only had the small shells, but make sure you have two bags then! 

These are the low-carb tortillas that we've found we like best if you're unsure what to get. There are several out there, so feel free to test them out. I just don't like mine to be too grainy, so these are the ones we've found to be closest to regular flour tortillas.

The Hubby and I both tried these out this morning for breakfast and thought they were pretty tasty. I'm a person who must have convenience and efficiency in the morning. These were absolutely perfect! Today's were refrigerated and only took 45 seconds (I cut it in half so it would heat through faster). I'll probably take one out of the freezer tonight when I pack lunch and throw it in the fridge so it's thaw also.

While my girls and I were making our lunches for today, I also decided to make some creamer for today's coffee and keep track of my measurements. Here's what I came up with...

The Mama's Homemade Caramel Coffee Creamer


Ingredients:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tsp xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
1/8 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp caramel extract

Put ingredients into a small 1/2 cup Glad (or similar) container and shake. Sweeten to taste, just know that it does mellow out when you add it to the coffee. I use 1/4 cup of creamer per cup of coffee. This will turn your coffee into an "S" drink, so add it to breakfast foods accordingly.


I was so thankful for that coffee this morning. First day back to the work/school drop off routine. We did it! Have a fantastic Monday and don't forget to drink you water!


Comments

Popular Posts