It's Finally Time!!!



It's here!! The day is finally here!! I just have to make it through a short day of work and I'm officially on vacation!! Have I mentioned that I'm excited??


I know... I'm ridiculous, but I'm so excited! It's been a year and a half since I've seen my best friend and we have so much fun planned. Plus, I get to see another long time friend en route and have a night alone with The Hubby. You just can't go wrong with any of that! I'm packed and ready to go!

So, I promised a recipe review from the shrimp tacos last night (I posted the recipe yesterday on this post). They were pretty good. Not as good as the Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos that we make, but still really flavorful and filling. The Hubby went the S-meal route and used mayo on the tacos. I miscalculated and we used shells that were 6g of net carbs EACH and we both had two, so technically we had a crossover. Oops! Still completely on plan, but not solidly on one side of the fence.

Crossover meals are not a bad thing, but they aren't great for weight loss. Separation of fats and carbs are the key in the THM program for weight loss. Once you're into maintenance, crossover meals here and there help you maintain your weight, but keep you eating clean, healthy meals. So, you can see how it was a better meal than going completely off plan, but not 100% what we were aiming for. Next time The Hubby will try it with Greek yogurt which will keep it solidly in the E-meal category.

Clear as mud right? If you're baffled and wondering what the heck I'm talking about, check out my earlier posts from June and July of last year, or just order the Trim Healthy Mama book and read all about it. I still can't say enough good things about it. The plan is easy, but even more, the book is enlightening and a super easy read. What I learned about my body and how it processes fuels and foods was worth the price of the book. Learning the THM way of eating was just an added bonus.

For those wondering, no, I am not an affiliate, so I do not get anything back from gushing about the book. I learned a lot from it and am just passing the info along for those interested.

Anyway... bring on the fun, bring on the relaxation, bring on the laughs and memories. I'm so ready for this, much anticipated, long weekend! Oh and I thought I'd add that the cold has receded a bit. I hope it was just a 12-hour thing after all!

Comments

Popular Posts