Cookie Starts With C


Yes, it's that time of the year again ladies and gentlemen! Those evil, cute, little bits of yummy goodness will be in your homes again in just a few short weeks! The force is strong with these ones. I haven't found very many people who manage to hold onto their willpower during this time of cookie takeover.

With that said, I lead two troops this year and all three of my girls are in Girl Scouts. I believe only two will be selling this year, but two is enough! Tonight I have a leader meeting about cookie sales, later this month we pick up our pre-purchased order and next month I'll take my troop to Cookie University to learn more about selling cookies - they will also get to try every kind available.

These cookies mock me! I can hear them... "You can't fool us! You know you'll order four boxes and eat one in 10 minutes or less."

Stuff it cookies!! I have seven little girls who are very excited to sell cookies for the first time. I can endure a couple of months of non-stop boxes of cookies floating around and through my house for a good cause!

Meanwhile... The Hubby and I made our own cookies last night. Actually, he made dinner and I made the cookies. I'm learning quickly that I am liking almost anything that ends with "in a mug". Brownie in a Mug... Muffin in a Mug... Cake in a Mug... There are so many THM-friendly recipes that can be made as a single serving in a mug and they are so good! Last night it was Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug... Plus some iPad time while I snuggled on the couch with The Hubby. Perfect ending to a good day!


Speaking of good day... Yesterday was another successful day. Here's a glimpse at my other meals through the day. Salad for lunch and the other two items for early and late snacks.


I missed a pic of dinner and didn't end up needing the apple, but I was satisfied all day long with zero cravings! I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop at this point because the scale is moving, my clothes are growing, and I haven't had a single craving or headache in these first couple of days. I know it's coming...

For those wondering, here's a pretty simple breakdown of my day yesterday to show how I used my snacks:

6:30am/7am - wake up (depends on if I have kid drop off or not)
7:30am - breakfast
9:00am - coffee (both of these items match - usually S, so I'm not crossing over too soon) or matching snack
12:30pm - lunch
3:30pm - snack
7:30pm - dinner
8:30pm - dessert (matching again with the meal before it because it hadn't been 3 hours)

On days when I know I'll be home right after work for dinner, it looks a little more like this...

6:30am/7am - wake up (depends on if I have kid drop off or not)
7:30am - breakfast
10:30am - snack
1:30pm - lunch
5:00pm - dinner
8:30pm - dessert/snack

Not sure if that helps anyone, but even when I wasn't eating on plan, my body was so used to eating at least five meals a day and every three hours, that I found myself still doing it... no wonder I gained weight so quickly!

I also push myself to drink at least 100oz of water while at work. I have a 30oz water bottle at work that I fill twice in the morning and usually two more times in the afternoon. I know the excess liquids help me stay full as well.

That's it for my tricks! Well, for staying on plan at work anyway. At home, on the weekends, things are a bit more difficult. Especially when I hate saying no to food and drinks! I had better learn though, I will be the keeper of the cookies after all.


Comments

Popular Posts