Super Scatterbrain Today

First, I have to share a little Throwback Thursday comparison.


The top picture represents a lot in my life at that time. Changes... big, major, life altering changes. I had just separated from my ex-husband and moved my girls and I into my parents' house. To celebrate, I cut off a ton of hair (he always said he preferred long hair) and started wearing it straight (not always, but way more often). I look tired and my smile just doesn't quite reach my eyes. I was scared, I was worried... I had just finally started putting myself first.

Four years ago today I took that picture. Four years ago today I changed my life forever and started down a scary path of the unknown looking to find myself and find a way to be happy again.

The bottom picture is a perfect representation of me now (taken last month). I can see how happy I am. It's not just because I'm thinner, although that does play a role. I'm lighter... mind, body and soul. I'm so much happier. I know that girl in the bottom picture.

She's a nut. She loves going out with friends, making her kids giggle, and playing ping pong with her husband while laughing with him as she dashes for the bathroom because the game has thrown her into a fit of giggles, which are dangerous for a woman who's had two children and is in her late 30s! She has a temper and sometimes a very short fuse, but she loves deeply. She's stubborn as a mule... sensitive and strong. She's still scared all the time because she can't shed her past or forget the feelings of hurt and betrayal, but she's holding on. She has a strong, wonderful, passionate man by her side who helps to remind her that the past is the past. She is happy... and she knows she deserves to be so.

Four years of transformation and changes and I'm still equally surprised that I have found happiness and scared that it will just fall out from under me at any moment. I'm working on that second part.

Needless to say my mind is all over the place today!! Sudden walks down memory lane, planning ahead for events and summer vacation. There's just so much going on, so much to check on, so much to plan for. Scatterbrain is the perfect description!

It's been a day of bouncing between work projects and adding to my many lists and calendars as things pop into my head. At my age, if I don't act on it immediately it manages to just POOF away and it's almost impossible to get it back. Today, for some reason, my brain is on hyper drive and my to-do list is getting bigger and bigger! I think it all started because my morning was a bit frazzled.

I was in a super, major rush to get out the door this morning because Emmy Lou forgot her glasses in her karate bag (AGAIN) that was brought home to my house, while she was brought home to her dad's house. So, I had to stop at the school to drop them off. I love my kiddos, but a stop at school is never a quick in and out. It's 12 hugs, 8 kisses (although I would take 20 more of each any day), having to look at a cut on Abbycakes's leg, and getting something out of their backpack that cannot wait until 4:30pm tonight... for fun, today it was ice skates! Ahhh the life of the traveling gypsy child. No, wait... just my busy little critters who want to try and do everything!

Anyway... on my way out the door I realized as I was closing the door that I forgot to heat up my breakfast. *super sad face* Thankfully today was a not-so-hungry-morning kind of day, so I had coffee with my homemade creamer when I got to work and had a protein shake in my bag for "just in case" which came in handy. Then I had an early lunch and all is well with the world.

The rest of this week should settle down a bit. Kids have karate tonight and I'm hoping to go to the late adult class since I had to miss class last night. The Hubby and I may go tomorrow too since he's still off and there's an adult class. Saturday should be pretty chill, just my girls and I. Sunday I'm going to take them to open skate at the indoor ice rink (the reason for the ice skates at school today) and then we will head to the gym to swim some laps and enjoy open rec swim. I'm looking forward to a calm weekend. Next weekend will be anything but, but I'm so excited!!!!

Oh... one more excitement for today... I've got that darn scale moving south and I managed to get it back down into the "good, pre-Christmas" set of 10s. Now, I just have to keep it moving that direction!

Comments

Popular Posts