Day 5 of 28 - Hello Friday, Good To See You!

Ahhhh... it's Friday again! YAHOO!!! The energy in the office wratcheted up at least 50% from yesterday. Everyone has a little bit more skip in their step. Who doesn't love the end of a long work week. Plus, we've had people dropping like flies in the office this week. You can tell there are viruses circulating around town like wildfire. I think everyone is looking forward to a couple of days of down time. Me included!

Tonight it's just my girls and I. We have a movie night planned. I love nights when we don't have anything planned, but I can't do too many or I go stir crazy. There's a fine line. Tomorrow we'll head to the gym for some swimming and Sunday we will hit the gym again and then we have a Girl Scout event in the afternoon. The girls never argue about going to the gym because they are both part fish! They would spend hours and hours in the pool if I let them.

So, like I said... It's FRIDAY!!!


Sorry, this one made me giggle, but it's true. I weighed and I'm frustrated with the scale, but I'm not going to let it stop me from moving forward. Plus, I'm finally at the point where I'm going to put the scale out of sight until next Friday. No more daily weighing.

Overall, I can't be too upset since I did lose a bit, just not as much as I was hoping I would. Either way... I had to share this meme because it made me giggle.


Look on the bright side right?!?

Anyway, my weight may not be cooperating the way I want but, I'm probably just as frustrated by the physical signs that I got too far off plan. It's also going to take a few weeks or so to start seeing the benefits on getting back on track in that department. It's frustrating because I did this to myself, but there's nothing I can do about the past. I can only move forward from here. We've all been there. Regret sucks!

First... it's very clear that my body and sugar/bad carbs do not play well together. I'm back to having full body acne break outs. I've got more constant headaches. My sleep sucks - that's the short and simple way to explain it anyway. I'm back to being awake until 12, 1, or 2am on nights when The Hubby is at work. It's a horrible habit because I still get up between 6:30 and 8am depending on the day and I'm EXHAUSTED by the end of the week. When I'm on plan, my body seems to be more regulated and I don't get that crazy second wind at about 10pm that keeps me wide awake for an extra couple of hours. On top of it all... I'm back to having unpredictable cycles.

I know what I need to do. I know how I will feel the more I do what I need to do, so well... I need to just do it! Makes sense right?? Okay, now all I can picture is the Nike slogan.


Our activity level sucked this week. I made it to karate once! UGH! After planning to go last night I didn't make it at all after taking Abbycakes to the walk in clinic for a strep test (which was shockingly negative - even the doc was shocked). Once we got them fed, everything prepped for the next day, lubed Emmy Lou up with Vicks, shot nasal spray up her nose and got her humidifier filled up karate had already started. Yeah, our house sounds like a sick ward, so tonight is a low key night, but tomorrow is another story!

Saturday and Sunday we plan to hit the gym. If the girls are sounding/looking rough, they will just chill in warmth of the pool area while I do some laps. I also plan to do some serious house cleaning this weekend. It'll be a good weekend to break out the FitBit and my heart rate monitor.

Plus, after tonight's relaxation, I have an activity planned every day until next Thursday.

Saturday - Gym
Sunday - Gym
Monday - Karate
Tuesday - Gym
Wednesday - Karate
Thursday - Rest

I can do this. It's on the calendar, so now it's all about following through with the plans that I've made. I feel better after working out, so that should be enough to get me to the gym right. HA! If only it were so easy. I know once I start getting in the habit that it'll go much smoother. I have goals!!! I have plans!! I have expectations of myself. Really, I'm only letting myself down by not doing it and since I already feel crummy it's time to pick up, dust off and JUST DO IT! (hee hee)

Today's meals are a lot like yesterday's:

Breakfast - Breakfast burrito & coffee w/homemade creamer
Lunch - Turkey Sandwich on Sourdough w/cottage cheese, veggies and an apple
Snack - Cheese Stick & Skinny PB Cups
Dinner - Egg White w/Turkey Bacon Sandwich on Sourdough

I did switch dinner up a bit since the girls are having pizza for lunch at school today. I moved the low-carb pizza to Sunday instead. Either way, we have a plan for the weekend and I PLAN to stay 100% on track. This will be my first weekend on plan in ages, so it's going to be a bit of a battle. I've done it before and I can do it again though.

Happy Friday Everyone!! I have one more that I saw today that I have to share because I am the queen of no patience, but this is a great reminder.




Comments

Popular Posts