Day 8 of 28 - Rough Weekend

Yeah, I'll confess right up front that I was not on plan this weekend and completely ate my stress and emotions. I really need to get a handle on that again, but it seems to be a very slow process. I do awesome all week and then kill all progress in less than 24 hours over the weekend. *sigh* I know it's just going to come down to me being where I need to be mentally to make this happen and that life will always get in the way. I just need to find a way to not let it all give me an excuse to self-sabotage.

I now have two sick kids. Well, one is sick with a cold and asthma crud, so she didn't fall asleep on Friday until after midnight and then was up until 11:30pm again last night. The other one has had a tummy ache for over a week now. She woke up Saturday night in tears. She now has a doctor's appt this week, but this mama is dragging today!! I feel like I'm back in the baby/toddler stage with sleep schedules. I don't know how I did it! Oh wait... I was younger then. *hee hee*

Oh, did I mention the older one shared??? Fun times! It's one of those days where I don't even really like being around myself right now. Two cups of coffee helped a touch, but I'm still tired and grumpy. Although, this did brighten my day a little with it's accuracy!


So, I managed to stick to about half of my intentions for the weekend. We did have fun, which I fully intended on of course. It's just that my workout plans and my food plans were a bit, well, thrown in the trash basically.

Friday night was a chill night with the girls and we shared some chicken nuggets. I didn't overeat, I just didn't eat on plan. Saturday went much better with a trip to the Y to swim some laps and exhaust the girls. That was a complete success! I was wiped out too. Then The Hubby and I had a bad attitude and enjoyed some cocktails. I will say that I enjoyed my very first bloody mary. That is way outside my comfort zone by the way, especially since I really don't like tomatoes, tomato juice, ketchup... I can't even handle too much pasta or pizza sauce. I eat tomato-y stuff in very small doses. Needless to say I was shocked that I enjoyed it. Why the random blood mary you may ask? They always smell super good when people I'm with get them, but I've also been seeing a lot of ads for local blood mary bars at the bars in town and they look AMAZING! I'm a sucker for the goodies that come with the drink. Yeah, I know... I'm a dorkfish! (Anyone who knows who Bill Engvall is will get that one.)

Then Sunday arrive and all cares about food and activity went out the window when we headed to the candy store for my Girl Scout troop's tour and treat making  event. So wrong, but the girls really enjoyed themselves and the treats were yummy!

We're now back to Monday and I'm solidly back on track. I've had my two cups of coffee with homemade creamer and am working on my protein shake for lunch. We have karate tonight, which I am so very much in need of right now. Plus, I need to do some serious meal prepping today since I had such a bad attitude yesterday. At least I planned out most of the weekly meal menu in advance and I did convince myself to shop on plan yesterday. So here's how it's looking...

Monday

  • Breakfast - Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
  • Snack: Coffee with Homemade Creamer
  • Lunch: Cold Cut Wrap on Low-Carb Tortilla, Cottage Cheese & Skinny PB Cups
  • Dinner: Tacos
  • Snack: S Dessert after Karate

Tuesday

  • Breakfast - Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
  • Snack: Coffee with Homemade Creamer
  • Lunch: Chicken Caesar Salad with Cottage Cheese and Skinny PB Cups
  • Snack: Apple with String Cheese
  • Dinner: Egg white & turkey bacon on sourdough toast

Wednesday
  • Breakfast - Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
  • Snack: Coffee with Homemade Creamer
  • Lunch: Chicken Caesar Salad with Cottage Cheese and Skinny PB Cups
  • Dinner: Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken w/Green Beans & Garlic Quinoa
  • Snack: S Dessert after Karate

Thursday
  • Breakfast - Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
  • Snack: Coffee with Homemade Creamer
  • Lunch: Chicken Caesar Salad with Cottage Cheese and Skinny PB Cups
  • Snack: Wasa Crackers with Laughing Cow Cheese
  • Bunless Burgers & Cauliflower Tots

Friday
  • Breakfast - Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
  • Snack: Coffee with Homemade Creamer
  • Lunch: Turkey Sandwich on Sourdough Bread with Cottage Cheese & an Apple
  • Low-carb pizza (I will follow through and make this!)
  • Snack: S Dessert

So, I've got a new plan and I'll just keep plugging away. I'm just hoping to have everyone back to full health by next weekend so everyone can enjoy the festivities. It'll be another busy weekend of birthday parties, Girl Scout events, skating and time at the YMCA. I know it's only Monday, but BRING ON THE WEEKEND!

Comments

Popular Posts