Reflections and Goals

I know tomorrow is the last day of the year, but it's going to be a busy day, so I thought I'd post this today...

I haven't missed a single month of posting this year. I have really put in a solid effort. I learned a lot about myself this year and learned even more about my body. Even though I have gained a few, ok several pounds in the last few weeks, I'm proud to report that I officially lost almost 19 pounds in 2015. I ended this year at almost the exact same weight as I ended 2013. So... I've successfully wiped out 2014's gain. I'll take it! Plus, since starting this blog five years ago, I have lost a total of 45 pounds! I may have managed to go up and down a bit throughout those five years, but I'm on the down side and that's all that matters!

With that said, I've decided that 2016 will be another stellar year for personal improvement! I'm bummed that I didn't keep my weight down to where it had been hovering most of the fall, but the good new is that I know how to get back there! No sense dwelling on the past anyway. 


So, let's have one more look at the past year. It's been a year of adjustment and learning. It's been frustrating and stressful at times but fun and rewarding at others. Every year since I started this blog has provided surprises, heartache, happiness, triumph and has left me looking forward to what is yet to come. This year is no different.

Here's a little reflection on 2015:

10.  We added to our family. Piper, our rat terrier, came home with us in January!





9. The Hubby to our beautiful girls to the Daddy Daughter Ball.



8. We took a few family road trips.





 

7. The whole family tried new things... Gymnastics, swimming, soccer, dance, triathlons, softball, color runs and karate. Yes, it's been a busy year for extra curricular activities!








The Hubby ran an Inflatable 5K race... he's one of those bodies in the picture.









6. I got my arm all fixed up so I could start swimming again!



5. My Emmy Lou made her First Communion





4. The Hubby and I got new tattoos!!





3. The Hubby and I had some adventures on our own.







2. Our basement flooded




1. We remodeled the basement and have gotten to add our own personal touches as we go along! The decorating will continue!




  



Looking back it has been a pretty awesome year! We've gotten to add a lot more memories to our bank and even several of the hard days turned out to be blessings in disguise. There's no need to dwell on the negatives of the past year when there have obviously been so many positives! It's time to gear up and get set...


I don't like to say I'm making New Year's resolutions because my goals are pretty consistent and last throughout the year. I want to keep working on myself, inside and out, set a good example for my kids, learn to be more patient and focus on enjoying life and not worrying about the things I can't control.

Beyond those basic goals, I have achievements I'd like to make as well...

  1. Continue working hard in karate so that by this time next year I will have my green belt.
  2. Suck it up and get into the weight room and start lifting again. I haven't since I was in college and I know it's one more thing that won't aggravate my side pain.
  3. Keep trying to get back to running so that I can compete in a triathlon and a couple of races this year. Maybe even try a road bike race.
  4. Keep broadening my horizons... look for new things to try and don't be afraid to try them!


Comments

Popular Posts