It's Not Failure When You're Having Fun!

Well, I officially failed the challenge I had set for myself to maintain or lose by the end of the year. Okay, I actually have the rest of this week, but let's face it.... that's not going to happen! I didn't weigh on Friday, my usual weigh in day, because I knew it would be depressing. Self-inflicted, yes, but still depressing. I did face the music this morning though. One word... OUCH! I won't share the actual number because I intend for it to be very temporary. I have gained back about 10 pounds of what I lost in 2015 which is also depressing, but, again, completely my fault.

With all of that said, I may have failed the challenge I set for myself, but I have not failed myself. The only way I can really fail is if I throw up my hands and say to hell with it all and just give up trying. Since I refuse to do that, I haven't failed. I just didn't succeed at meeting that one goal. It happens. Am I frustrated with myself... you bet!

I was chatting with my boss this morning. We both have PCOS, we both have major issues with sugars and willpower and we both were talking about the headaches, body aches and overall crummy feeling that we have after two months of eating whatever we want. I'm not alone. Most people struggle with their weight or food choices during the holidays. I'm not going to make it my excuse. It's just fact. I was one of those people. She was one of those people. The big thing is that we both agreed the same thing... That's enough! Time to reign it all in! Then she said, "By the way, if you haven't been in the kitchen yet, don't go in there! It's full of cookies and candies... ugh! Just don't do it!" Gotta love how we all look out for each other around here.

So, that's the gist of it. I've been eating pretty much everything in sight since Halloween, shoot, more like my birthday, and now it's time to get back on track. The Hubby and I are purging the house of all of the cookies, candies and other naughty temptations this week. I actually already threw out a bunch of Christmas cookies because I had to. I was sick of them staring at me every time I walked in the kitchen!

I even gave the kids a heads up and told them that we're going back to eating a bit healthier - less eating out, less sweet treats and desserts, more fruits and veggies, more water and more exercise! There may have been a tiny bit of groaning, but for the most part they were excited to hear that we'll be moving around more. That means more time at the Y, more pool time and more outside time in the snow that we finally got last week!

With all of that said, we had a fantastic Christmas. We had all four kids home by Christmas Eve night, so everyone got to wake up to Santa at our house!


They all loved their gifts and we had a blast with all of the family and friends that we saw on the four day break from work. The big surprise turned out awesome and the kids were beside themselves. Papa built all four kids a doll house!


We even surprised Jack Jack with a doll of his own, so the girls can't leave him out anymore. We were so happy to see his reaction, he was even more excited about "my own boy doll" than we anticipated. They all spent hours playing in the doll house the rest of the weekend!

Meet Aaron!

Here's Aaron & his harem. *hee hee*


Happy little critters! Zero fights and hours of play!

The Hubby and I enjoyed our Christmas Eve day together. We managed to get some last minute grocery shopping done, exchanged each other's gifts and snuggled on the couch with a movie before the kids got home. It was so nice to relax together!


He got me a mothers ring and I love it! He also surprised me with a gift certificate for a massage and a heart rate monitor. I've been wanting a heart rate monitor for months! I can't wait to get in the pool and try it out since it's waterproof! The pic above shows the drone I bought him in action, but I think the overall favorite gift for the adults is the ping pong table. We laugh hysterically each time we play! So much fun!! And actually a pretty good workout with the amount we sweat!

We had my parents and my brother and his family over for Christmas morning brunch. That was fun and hopefully a new tradition on the years we have the kids Christmas Day. We also got to spend time with part of The Hubby's side. It's always fun to get all of the cousins together!

We got some snow finally this past week, with a good storm on Saturday, so when we got home from celebrating with the last group, The Hubby hooked up the sled to the back of the four wheeler and took the kids for a ride up and down our dead end road. Oh the giggles!! We even had the neighbors come over to join in the fun (twins the same age as A & J) and they brought the game, Pie In The Face with them. MORE giggles!




We finally wrapped up the weekend with a birthday party for one of the cousins as well! The girls talked me into rollerskating with them this time and I did great, until the end when Abbycakes tried to take us both out. I managed to keep her from falling and me crushing her, but at the expense of my poor knee. I'm feeling that fall today!

In the end I wouldn't take back a single part of the last month. I may have put on a few pounds over the last few weeks, but we made so many awesome memories. Hard work will help me lose the weight I gained, but nothing will take away the smiles in these pictures!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas! Bring on the new year!!

Comments

Popular Posts