Here I Come 2016!!

Since I won't be around a computer tomorrow...


We are planning to kick the new year off with family and fun! Starting with New Years Eve celebrations at the cabin - complete with hot tub! Ahhhh!!! Then, tomorrow we will hit the hills with The Hubby's sisters and their kids for some tubing fun. My girls will go to their dad's in the evening, leaving The Hubby and I to enjoy some quiet relaxation before all four kids come home on Sunday. Then we finally have Kenzie Bug's birthday party Sunday afternoon!

Monday we jump back in to our regular routine with both feet... kids head off to school, Mom heads off to work, Dad chills at home (between chauffeuring kids to and from places) and we all head to the dojo for our first week of sparring. To say that the yellow belts in our house are excited and nervous is an understatement.

I also have a certain five year old who is downright ticked that she doesn't get to start sparring this week as well. Her argument is that she is also a yellow belt. She's right... but she's a WHITE belt with yellow stripes, or in other words she is a white belt until she tests for her full yellow belt when she's closer to seven. Either way... she's not happy. This shows how much she really wants to be seven!


I really don't know where she gets her sheer stubbornness from?! Okay, maybe I do! Sadly she fits all of the gear quite well. Poor kid gets another lesson in being the little sister and having to have patience. I feel for her, I really do. I was the baby sister who always wanted to do what the big kids were doing. She's stubborn and competitive. She'll be in her own sparring gear in no time!

I also plan to get to the gym soon to test out my new heart rate monitor (although I plan to use it at karate a few times too, just to see how hard we really do workout). I just have to make time. Rumor in the office says that our mandatory overtime may be being upped from 1.5 hours per week to 4 hours per week. That will make things a little harder on the schedule front, but our wallets will enjoy it. No one has confirmed it yet, so for now we wait to hear the final decision. If it goes through, The Hubby and I will be doing a bit more juggling that we are now, but we'll figure it out.

So, 2016 promises to already lend some excitement to our lives in just the first few weeks. Add in that I'm headed to Kansas two weeks from today and I say... BRING ON JANUARY!!!

Comments

Popular Posts