Planning Has Begun!

I really want to make the transition back into the THM world as seamless and easy as possible. I know we'll do fine because we really enjoy the food on plan. The struggle is mainly the adjustment back into making everything at home and resisting the temptation to grab food on the go.

With that said, I've started planning meals and quick grab snacks to kick off our first full week next week.

Unfortunately, yesterday was supposed to be day one of getting a handle on things, but according to this it went perfectly!


As for today...it is after noon and I have not caved to a single one of the 550 cookies/candies that are strategically placed all over my stinking office?! Yeah, I'm totally patting myself on the back. I didn't last 10 minutes yesterday before I caved on my way out of my boss's office (top spot for evil, yummy goodies). I have even been in the kitchen twice to fill my water bottle and made it back out without anything jumping into my hand or my mouth - and there are three platters of goodies in there. I may or may not have brought my own leftovers to work to pawn off on everyone else too. Hey, if you can't beat them, join them right?

I also got up and packed my lunch with 100% THM goodness! I'm working late tonight, so I made sure to pack a solid afternoon snack to tide me over until I can get home to make myself some eggs and sausage for dinner tonight. See?!? I've got this!

So, the first thing I plan to make this weekend to prep for next week are these scrumptious looking on-the-go breakfast burritos!

Click the picture to go directly to her site for the recipe.

I still really enjoy my morning protein shakes, but I can see this as a great, hot breakfast alternative during the cold, winter months. Plus, it'll shake up my menu a bit and give me the excitement of something new, instead of the same old breakfast. Again... I still love my protein shakes, I had one this morning. I'm just hoping to shake everything up to get excited again.

My plan over the next month is to test recipes on the kids to help my oldest with her plans for Lent. She has her mind made up that she wants to give up "bad candies/desserts" at both houses and eat the Trim Healthy way at my house for Lent. I'm game in helping her learn how to eat healthier. No worries, she will end up eating plenty of crossover meals because, at just eight years old, she needs a good dose of both proteins and carbs. I will be helping her to learn to read labels for sugar ingredients and then make better choices. We will also be making all of her snacks out of plan approved sweetener. This will allow her to have goodies, just no "bad desserts"! I'm excited to share this with her over the 40 days of lent.

For now I'll keep adding to my grocery list and building my meal plan for our big return to life sugar free, low-carb, low-gluten and minimal alcohol. Pinterest and I were great buddies during my breaks today! I'm excited to get back to it. I feel good today (remind me of this when I walk through my front door and see the kids' Christmas candy or want to reach for something other than a simple THM dinner). 

I leave for Kansas two weeks from Thursday. I've got time to make some progress before I hop that plane and that's just what I plan to do!


Comments

Popular Posts