Baby Steps Day 12 - Weigh In Day

Today was the day to meet my fate with my best enemy, Mr. Scale. I can't be too upset. I'm maintaining at 183. I'm a pound over the maintenance I challenged myself to through the holidays, so I'm hanging in there. I'm not overly excited with the changes in my body - for the worse, even though I'm not gaining weight. More sugar and processed foods = more bloating and fluffing out. Simply put... it's all my fault and I'll accept the consequences of my actions. My cravings are back full force and my willpower seems to go to bed around the time I get off of work... Oh well, I will meet my challenge, just watch!

Speaking of lack of willpower... I joined in on the office Chinese lunch today. The one good thing I can say for myself is that while I enjoy the goodies, I don't over indulge and stuff myself till I want to cry. It takes less to fill me up and I stop when satisfied. That took some time to learn to do, especially with stuff I really like.

Anyway, I loved my fortune cookie today...


This is so me! Actually, this particular saying is pretty much how I ended up playing hockey back when girls didn't play hockey and how I ended up running my first half marathon, among other things. I am definitely one of those people who cannot stand to be told that I can't do something. Nine times out of ten the answer will be, "Oh yeah? Watch me!" Yeah, those words definitely got me into plenty of trouble as a kid. Ahhh memories...

On that note, my little mini me finally got her first color belt last night! Don't mind the messy hair, apparently she had a very busy day at school. She was so excited and Mom is so proud!


This kid is so very much like me. One day I had the girls at the YMCA family swim. In order to go past the ropes into the deep end without a parent you have to pass the swim test. Emmy Lou had no problems passing the test, so she already had a little "X" in marker on her arm that showed the lifeguards that she had already passed and was okay to be in the deep end. Abbycakes started following Sissy to the ropes and when Emmy Lou came up on the other side of them, she looked at her little sister and said, "You can't come over here. You can't pass the swim test." 

Abbycakes looked at me, looked at her sister, got out the pool and walked straight up to the lifeguard and told him she wanted to test (tread water for 30 seconds without touching anything). Keep in mind, she was only 4. She passed with flying colors! After she got her "X" she walked up to her sister, turned to the side and pointed at the mark on her arm and walked away. I will never forget the look on Emmy Lou's face as Abbycakes walked away! Priceless!

I'm struggling to believe that this picture was taken just over a year ago!!

She was so stinkin proud of herself and so was I. She saw a challenge, accepted it and blew it out of the water! It's stories like this where I find motivation to keep trying to better myself and keep trying to meet my goals even when I trip up or fail. Someone is always watching and taking notes. I don't want my kids to ever give up on a goal that they want to meet. Therefore, I guess I shouldn't set that example for them, right?

So, for now I'll keep treading water and soon I'll be ready to hop back in the deep end and do some serious damage!

Comments

Popular Posts