Bring On Daylight!


We had our Winter Solstice lunch at work today. This was officially the final food frenzy of the holidays at work. I can't say there won't be a random pizza ordering day next week, but no more food shoveling fests on the calendar. WHEW! I don't think I can take any more.

The best part about today is that we are officially on the upswing to more daylight. I am one of those people who is beyond sluggish in the mornings during the winter because I hate up before the sun. It may be because I go to bed well after the sun does, but oh well. Nights = quiet. Mornings = UGH!

Our nights are also about the get a bit less busy. Tomorrow is the last night of karate before winter break. As of last night, we finally have pictures of all three of our girls in their new yellow belts! Jack Jack has a few more classes before he will get his, but he's on his way. Abby had to wait a bit for her's because they ran out, but she got to wear it last night!



Tonight is another late work night as we are short handed, behind schedule and on mandatory overtime for those not on vacation this week. Then I'm off to finish up my Christmas shopping. Tonight I will officially be able to say I am ready for Christmas to come!

The Hubby and I will celebrate together and exchange gifts on Christmas Eve while all of the kids are off at their other parents' houses. Then, per annual tradition, they will open the family gifts and we will snuggle up as a family to enjoy a family movie.

I'm also trying to spend my spare moments editing my backlog of pictures from the fall that need to be sent out or ordered for family. It's all taken the back burner, but now, with things winding down, I plan to make some serious progress so I can start the new year off on the right foot.

One more day in the work week... I've got this! Happy Winter Solstice!!

Comments

Popular Posts