Baby Steps Day 5 - Bad A$$ Friday

Alright... that title will make more sense after you see the quote I grabbed off of Facebook this morning. It's just been such a busy day that I'm only now getting around to taking a break and doing a quick post. So, here ya go...


It truly was a coffee day and this statement is totally true for a couple of reasons. First... I already felt pretty darn awesome this morning because of these babies...


Yup, I got me some new boots. That's cause for celebration in and of itself because I love getting new boots/shoes. What makes it absolutely stellar is that these are regular ol boots that any lady with normal calves can wear. Up until this year I had not been able to find a single pair of high boots to fit my enormous calves. I finally found a pair of stretchy calf boots earlier this fall that fit well and I have gotten so many compliments on them. Last night, on a total whim while Christmas shopping, I stopped in to Maurices and saw they had boots on super sale (these are $35, but some were just $25 - I love me some Maurices!!). Expecting to be completely disappointed, I grabbed the only brown boots in a size 10 (yes, I have skis for feet) that were on the shelf. Imagine my utter astonishment when I could zip them ALL. THE. WAY. UP!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!

I was so excited that I forgot to even try on the other boot before buying them (and a super cute purse that was on clearance - yay me!). I just had to show The Hubby when I got home and then he asked the simple question I should have asked myself pre-purchase, "Did you try the other one on to make sure it fit too?" I could hear my mom in my head telling me as a kid, "Try them both on so we know they fit." Why didn't I think of that earlier?

I'll be honest, my heart started pounding and I began to sweat while saying things like, "If it doesn't fit, I'll just have to start working out my legs more." And there was a moment of panic when the zipper stalled near the thick part of my calf. Thankfully I didn't have to break out the duct tape and do  some "calf training" like some people do waist training! IT ZIPPED!!! Of course, I was trying them on over bare legs because I was wearing regular ol jeans last night. This morning was the big test and again I was nervous. The feeling was much like the jitters I had before my college exams. This was the real deal....


Yup... I was feeling pretty darn bad a$$ this morning as I walked out the door in my pretty new boots that FIT!! No plus size boots or stretchy boots, but regular, ol, cute, normal size boots. YEEHAW!

Some of you may be rolling your eyes thinking I'm absolutely insane to be so excited over a pair of boots. Let's just say that I've shopped for boots for about four years now and cute boots never fit. This is a huge success in my book. This, my dears, is a fantastic NSV!!!

Oh and one more NSV, but this one is not mine. The Hubby had a doc appointment this morning. He texted me after they took his blood pressure.


This from the man who's blood pressure used to stay up around 160/90 or higher. He also had frequent nose bleeds and dizziness. Needless to say I used to worry. I'm so proud of him for taking control of his health! He hasn't had the frequent nosebleeds or dizziness in quite some time. I don't care about weight loss, I'm just happy to not constantly worry about him with those types of symptoms knowing he has a history of heart attacks at a young age in his family. I'd really like to keep him around for 50 or 60 years still.

Needless to say, it's been a pretty awesome Friday. We got a good jump on our Christmas shopping last night and today. By the way, I LOVE shopping online! We only have a few odds and ends to get before the big day. Tonight we'll hang out with family for our nephew's birthday party. Tomorrow is a day of Christmas fun with my girls. Then Sunday is finally the big day... Belt Test!! We're all a little bit nervous, but I know everyone will do great!

For those wondering what's for dinner I'm happy to bring back the Chipotle Shrimp Tacos tonight! Tomorrow will be Cottage Pancakes with bacon and eggs. The girls LOVE these pancakes. I'll make extras so that they can have them on Sunday for lunch before we have to go to the belt test. Sunday is up in the air at this point, but it may be an eat out evening, depending on what time we get done with our tests. Big weekend, but so much fun packed in to a short time!

Comments

Popular Posts