Baby Steps Day 9 - I Hid The Cookies!!

Honestly, it's the best thing I've done in three months! After I posted yesterday, I literally walked into my kitchen, picked up all of the cookies and put them in a 31 storage bag and hoofed it out to the garage. I plopped them right down on the front four wheeler rack, spun around and stomped back out without a backward glance. I promise you, I don't have the energy to talk myself into walking out to the garage for a measly cookie, so I'm safe. I knew it would be a battle to do my Christmas baking so early, but I believe in creative solutions! HA! No, basically I knew I'd be too lazy to go outside to get a cookie, so it was the only solution!

I was chatting with my best friend about the schedule for the next two weeks. At least once a day I wonder how the heck my schedule went from "ahhhh, a quiet day" to "holy heck, where did all of this come from?!?" I know I'm not alone either. This is me on a daily basis...

Really, though, how does it get so crazy so quickly? That is definitely one of the hardest parts about staying on track. We are so constantly on the go, that I find myself grabbing food when and where I can. Poor planning I know and I'm totally at fault. The word no has literally fallen off of my list of word options lately!

I'm not complaining... honestly, I'm just in awe. A week with one busy day quickly turned into a week with something every night, two additional things on the weekend, oh and an email from my boss saying we are on mandatory overtime, starting this week. Great timing financially, but WHAT?!?! It's actually becoming quite comical. At the end of the day I sit down and sigh knowing that it all happened without a hitch, everyone is healthy and happy and we're going to do it all again tomorrow. It's all good! But that's why I hid the cookies! I'm a stress and emotional eater.

On a good note, I have 90% of my Christmas shopping for my family complete. On a not so good note, I forgot about the two adopt-a-family gifts and two birthday party gifts while I was shopping. Our Target is closing the end of next month... this is my way of visiting it as often as I can before I can't anymore. 

Oh and I have to make the youngest into a curly horned sheep by December 14th! HA! I have no idea what they are doing, but her teacher requested they each bring a costume for their assigned animal for their Christmas concert. I'm in charge of one curly horned sheep. This should be fun!

I'm sorry. It looks like I've officially turned this particular post into my Holiday To Do List! Oops! 

I want a cookie...

Okay, back on topic... I had to share my solution to my coffee cravings in the morning. Yes, I'm exhausted. It's expected. I'd been doing so good about coffee until the last couple of weeks. Then I caved. I like froo froo coffee. Peppermint Mochas and Java Chip Fappacinos... yeah, not the skinny type either. So, I cut them out completely. Recently at work I have had a horrible fear of passing out cold and bouncing my head off of my desk due to utter exhaustion, so I begged some creamer off of one of the girls at work to go in my coffee (I cannot do black coffee - blech). Since that's not even close to on plan, I decided to experiment with making my own. I didn't do too bad if I do say so myself. I mixed a cup of heavy cream, 2 TBSP xylitol, plus hazelnut and caramel extract to taste. I put 2 oz of the mixture into a cup of joe this morning and felt it take effect immediately. Ahhhhh!! Completely on plan and a perfect start to my day. I followed it up with my breakfast shake and got my day off to a fantastic start!

The goal now is to stay on track!

I want a cookie... *sigh*


Comments

Popular Posts