Baby Steps Day 8 - Success with Some Failure



What a weekend!! So much fun... still haven't tamed my willpower. *sigh* I'm about 50/50 on the weekends, which isn't the best percentage. But memories were made and fun was had by all!

Here are the highlights...

We went to a birthday party and my babies fell in love with The Hubby's cousin's new baby girl. Her name is Emilee, spelled just like my Emmy Lou. By the end of the night, both girls were asking why The Hubby and I don't have another baby. I have to say, that's the first time I've really fielded that question and it broke my heart a little. I've had baby fever for a solid year, but that's just not going to happen. So, both girls enjoyed their baby fix on Friday night and told my sister-in-law that they can't wait for her to have her baby in June so they can hold him/her too.


Saturday we did our annual Christmas cookie baking. I think we baked over 150 cookies & bars!


Then I surprised my girls with tickets on the Christmas Train to see Santa and sit through a reading of a Christmas book written by local authors. It was their first time on a train or at the depot.




Finally, the big day arrived yesterday. The big girls, The Hubby and I all tested for our color belts. It was a long day, but it paid off!





It really was an awesome weekend, but, again, half full of bad food choices. Life goes on and today's a new day. Oh, and we attempted to make our favorite homemade chicken dumpling soup recipe THM-friendly. Yeah, that didn't work so well. At least, not the way we attempted it. Let's just say that you can't just replace the flour in the original dumpling recipe with coconut flour. Lesson learned! I had to promise my girls the original version this week because they were beyond bummed, but I'll attempt a different ACTUAL THM-friendly recipe after that. I can't risk ruining another batch or the locals may riot.

This week is pretty low key. Editing some pics, making and ordering Christmas gifts and no karate until Wednesday. We'll try to go to a light festival in town this week and then we celebrate Christmas with my family on Saturday and celebrate a couple of birthdays on Sunday. Yup, never a dull moment!

Meanwhile, I'm going to put the containers of Christmas cookies in the garage where they aren't staring me in the face every time I enter the kitchen and I'm working on a menu plan for the week. The Hubby may have to go on a road trip the next couple of days, which will make it easier to plan... scrambled eggs tonight and tomorrow night, with some fried eggs on Wednesday. LOL Not really, but close. It will actually be scrambled eggs tonight, chicken dumpling soup tomorrow and eggs if I'm solo on Wednesday, or shrimp if The Hubby is home. Thursday is Chef's Choice (the chef being The Hubby) and Friday will be Bunless Burgers. Saturday is a crockpot meal since we'll be on the road part of the day and Sunday... I think we'll make Sunday Kids' Choice this week, which means either pancakes or tacos.

I know that's not a cut and dry menu like I have been doing, but we are juggling with a few balls in the air right now. It's sort of a wait and see game right now, but I have a game plan to avoid utter failure!

With all of that said... It's Monday... I'm ready to make this week count! Bring. It. On.

Comments

Popular Posts