Meet My Friend... Self Sabotage

Yeah, we've become quite chummy in the past few days. Yes, I'm beyond guilty of making stupid choices, giving into cravings and really just not giving a darn about what I eat lately. I could sweeten it up and quote some kind of uplifting meme, or make excuses, but in all honesty I have let my frustration get the best of me. I'm irritated with myself, I'm frustrated with the scale and I'm so sensitive to eating off plan that I'm also ticked that I am feeling so bloated... this circles back to being irritated with myself. See the evil cycle? Needless to say, this weekend was pretty much a free for all from Friday evening until last night. The only good thing that came out of it is that I got some cravings out of my system and managed to get back on track this morning. I can't say my mindset is 100% better, but I'm trying to force it to be. The reality I keep telling myself... I bought a whole bunch of new clothes and I refuse to gain weight and not be able to wear them!

The thing about it all is that I know I feel better on plan and I enjoy the meals on plan, so getting back on track hasn't been all that difficult. The frustration is still there, which leads to cravings and the want to eat my emotions... I just need to find that part of me again that was stronger than the cravings for a while.

In order to do that, I've gone back to the basics. Planning is essenital, so the week's menu is planned out and I sent The Hubby shopping for supplies. This includes the lunch menu. Here's what I have...

Monday
Breakfast - Shake
Snack - S Granola Bar
Lunch - Bunless Burgers w/cottage cheese
Dinner - Pesto Shrimp on Dreamfields Pasta
Dessert - Peanut Butter Whip

(looking at this plan, I can see that I've really cut back on my fruits and veggies, so I need to pick these back up!)

Tuesday
Breakfast - Shake
Snack - Apple w/string cheese
Lunch - Rotisserie Chicken w/parmesan cheese, caesar dressing & romaine lettuce leaves
Dinner - Egg Sandwich on Sourdough with turkey bacon and mozzarella

Wednesday
Breakfast - Shake
Snack - Apple w/string cheese
Lunch - Rotisserie Chicken w/parmesan cheese, caesar dressing & romaine lettuce leaves
Dinner - Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken w/Cheesy Spaghetti Squash
Dessert - Peanut Butter Whip

Thursday
Breakfast - Shake
Snack - Apple w/string cheese
Lunch - Rotisserie Chicken w/parmesan cheese, caesar dressing & romaine lettuce leaves
Dinner - S Pancakes & Breakfast Sausage

Friday
Breakfast - Shake
Snack - Apple w/string cheese
Lunch - Rotisserie Chicken w/parmesan cheese, caesar dressing & romaine lettuce leaves
Dinner - Chicken Enchiladas w/salad

So, with the meals planned I have to make a workout plan. I've been failing miserably at my 30 day challenge of being active every day, so I need to make a plan for this week!

Monday - Karate
Tuesday - Karate
Wednesday - Karate
Thursday - Workout Video
Friday - Karate

That sounds like a pretty darn good week. Maybe I'll actually make progress on learning my form for my belt test in December with a couple extra classes?!? I will say that I'm super happy that I've found something I really enjoy again. I've been missing running, so finding something that makes me just as happy is a blessing after 3 years of struggling with this pain.

I think I just summed up my atttitude in the first paragraph and the last one. The shot didn't work. My side still hurts, my weight loss has stalled, PMS hit hard (for someone who isn't used to PMS'ing every month, this is a pretty big deal) and my calendar keeps getting busier (I'm not complaining about that part, just stressing hitting all of my deadlines). The basement stuff on top of it all, with a messy house because of living on one level of a two level house... I'm crabby and I'm falling back on old habits. Sad, but true! Plus, I'm sort of known for sabatoging my own progress in the past. I don't want to even consider going down that road, so I won't dwell on that. I'm not the old me. I will get back on track. This is just a bump in the road right? (There's your upbeat quote!) But how about I leave you with one more? I found myself grabbing a candy bar for the first time in four months last night and horking it down! Why, you may ask?!?


And there you have it!

Comments

Popular Posts