Pity Party Complete

Thanks to those who reach out to give me a pat on the back or a pick-me-up message or chat. I really appreciate it! I had my little pity party and moved on. Some days are just harder than others. I think everything kind of hit me all at once yesterday. I vented here, kicked out the rest of it at karate last night and got a great night's sleep last night, so I'm feeling a bit more personable today. We're all entitled to those kinds of days right?

Anyway... I forgot to tell you guys what an awesome weekend we had! It may have been full of bad food-making decisions, but according to my FitBit, I put on some miles! I hit my 10,000 steps and then some both days. That's even with a 7 hour car ride on Saturday. So, while I was eating horribly, I was staying active.

Saturday we took the girls to Valleyfair. They had an absolute blast and the weather was beautiful!!

We finally arrived!! They even got Trick or Treat bags for the kid's area!

She saw the big roller coaster that The Hubby was trying to convince her to go on. Her next comment was, "No! No way! Uh uh! I am not going on that thing!"

Abbycakes had to stick to the smaller rides because she was about 1/2" too short yet. Poor kid! But Sissy was a good sport and still joined us on the kiddie rides!

The Hubby talked Emmy Lou into joining him for her first outdoor roller coaster. She did AWESOME!! He got in trouble for this "top of the hill selfie".

Silly goose! We rode the park train around while The Hubby enjoyed some "big kid" rides. This was was full of commentary and giggles.

So, needless to say that fun was had by all! The girls were wiped out and actually fell asleep just north of where we were, so it was a quiet ride home. They even slept in the next day! Then we spent Sunday cleaning together (the girls and I - The Hubby had to go to work) and then escaping to meet up with a fun little family for fall photos and even taking time to play, climb on the rocks and take some fall pics ourselves while we were out!

Back of the camera sneak peek

I cant wait to edit these!! I have a bunch of sessions to get through before I get them though. I'd also love to take all four kiddos up there to get some fun Christmas card shots! We'll see! Either way, we had a great weekend and everyone was happy, but exhausted!

Oh, I almost forgot... while we were cleaning, I went downstairs to switch loads in the laundry room and stumbled across a hole in the brand new carpeting!! Yeah... I think we found out culprit! She may have had some kitty assistance, but I think she was the main digger here. Here's a little dog shaming at it's finest!


So, it really was a great weekend and while I felt guilty about my food choices, we made some great memories this weekend. I don't want to and won't take anything away from that. My weight will go up and down for years to come, but my kids' ages will only go up, so... I'll choose to live life and suffer the little bit of guilt afterward for the giggles I heard all day on Saturday.

With that, I will leave you all with a new recipe we tried out last night for dessert. One bite and The Hubby said, "we can do this one again!" So, I guess it's a keeper. I will note that I added peanut flower in place of the flax seed though. I was really craving something peanut butter and chocolate last night. So, give these Low Carb Deep Dish (Peanut Butter) Chocolate Chip Cookies a try. They take just a few minutes to make and are a single serving so you don't have to worry about overindulging.


Comments

Popular Posts