Fuel Cycle Week - Day 3

 

Guess what day it is?!? Yes, I'm one of those people who still absolutely loves that camel commercial. I'm a total geek and I know it! This meme cracks me up also! Friday is on the horizon ladies and gentlemen. We're on the downward slope. UGH! Yes, I have to think as may ways to say that to keep myself from beating my head on the desk saying, "How is it only Wednesday!!" It's just been one of those weeks at work. There have been a lot of changes in the last year and I think it's starting to get to everyone here. Oh well! This too shall pass.

So, day three of the Fuel Cycle Week and I'm onto my first E day. I'll be completely honest, I'm a touch hungrier today. I have also managed to confuse myself. In the fuel cycle you're eating pretty clean, so many of the foods work across the board. Some have just thrown me off, so I've been having to refer to the book more often.

I think I made a mistake on my breakfasts so far this week. I ended up having a shake (cooking a breakfast while trying to get ready and get kids ready for school... yeah, wishful thinking!!). It was under 5g of fat today, so it classifies as an E, but then that means it didn't REALLY fall into a DEEP S category yesterday or Monday - I think I need to add more healthy fats to boost it up a bit. Then my lunch, another salad that has seasoned extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), probably should have had balsamic vinegar and less EVOO to lower the fat content. That didn't hit me until I got to work and looked it up.

I'm learning a lot. I'm also learning what may have slowed my progress after the original loss when I started Trim Healthy Mama. These little mistakes create "crossovers" instead of true E or S meals, which will slow progress. Alrighty then! Thankfully the new book has been an awesome guide! Oh and those of you looking at the Fuel Cycle who have the old book, know that they changed the order of the days in the new book. I'm not exactly sure why... probably more fine tuning.

**PRODUCT GUSH!!** I have to tell you all that I am beyond in love with the infused EVOO that we bought at a distillery last weekend. Here's the link to the oil & balsamic vinegar that we bought. They had a testing area specifically for the oils and vinegars right in their lobby area and they were so delicious!! We ended up buying the black cherry balsamic vinegar and the Tuscan EVOO. I know they are a little spendy, but honestly I feel that they are completely worth every dollar. The tour guide told us a bit of the back story on the specialty items and as a 5-star restaurant they use their own EVOOs and balsamic vinegars because they are fresh and flavorful. They even use some of the balsamic vinegars in their drinks! Anyway... check them out. I've been putting just the Tuscan EVOO on my chicken to marinate overnight and then dump it on my salad at lunch the next day. The flavor is beyond amazing! Definitely worth a check for those who enjoy cooking with some added flavors as they do deliver. I had just never tried infused or flavored oils or vinegars before. There's my product recommendation for this week!

Plan of attack now is that tomorrow I'll tweak my meal plan a bit. I'll TRY to get up early enough to make a breakfast sandwich. I'll also bring a sandwich on sourdough bread for lunch with cottage cheese instead of my scrumptious too-fat-for-E-meal-salad. Dinner will remain the same since I know that the sweet potato definitely makes it an E meal! I'm telling you... dinners are so much easier to plan when it comes to the meal types. I think that's because I tend to try to throw together multiple easy things when packing my bag for work. I think I need to work on that a bit more. Plus, with my options being limited to cold foods only... Yeah, can you tell that drives me a bit crazy?!?

Overall, it hasn't been to painful. A little more thought process and planning, but shaking it up also forced me to learn some things I'm doing wrong on a regular basis, so that was actually a big bonus. I'll definitely take a lot away from this trial week. So far I also stick by my original thoughts in that I will definitely do more Fuel Cycles along the way. After four days of vacation and eating however I wanted and drinking whatever I felt like drinking (although, I still didn't touch a Diet Coke - WOOHOO!) it has felt really good to get back on track. It's actually be pretty simple. That's definitely not something I could say in the past. Cravings usually won over and I stayed off track. My body truly enjoys this way of eating. WHO KNEW!!!

Comments

Popular Posts