Fuel Cycle Week - Day 2

Day one was a success, but I learned a good lesson... Pack more food! I didn't get a chance to run home for the evening shake and my greek yogurt wore off at the end of my three hours, just in time for karate. I was starved by the time I got home!! Eggs to the rescue!! Whew!

Day two looks much like day one, only I actually get to go home at a decent hour tonight. Tis the season... fall photography season that is! I love it... at least I love it when the weather cooperates and we don't have 18mph winds that cause rescheduling. *sigh* Oh well. I'm sure the hubby will welcome some extra help tonight with dinner, homework and showers. It's always a bit more chaotic when we have all six of us home together. Even more so while we are all living on one level.

Oooh, that reminds me. House update!! The carpeting is supposed to be in on Thursday. YEEHAWW!!! That gives our awesome contractor time to get in put in before our furniture is delivered either Monday or Wednesday of next week. I love snuggling my wonderful husband, but since the dogs and at least one cat have decided that our bed is the best in the house, I can't wait to move up to the king size bed that is coming our way! I think we need a mix of these two comforters for our new bed...



Those of you with needy pets totally get what I'm saying too!! I am having a ton of fun planning out how we want to decorate the basement though. We've been in the house for almost a year and a half and this is the first decorating we will be doing outside of the kids' bedrooms. Better late than never!

Alright, back to the good stuff...

So, day two of our Fuel Cycle Week. The Hubby gets a bit more variety in his meals this week because he's home and has access to the microwave and our leftovers. I'm stuck since we can't have a microwave in our department and what I bring is what I have. Yes, I brought more today! Tomorrow starts two days of E meals. This will be a big adjustment for me. I tend to lean toward S or FP for my lunch and snacks, so I had to do some serious book and Pinterest surfing. Here's what we came up with for two days of E meals.

Day 3 - (E)nergizing Day
Breakfast - Egg White Sandwich - egg whites & turkey bacon on sourdough bread
Snack - Small Apple w/Low Fat String Cheese & Wasa Crackers w/Laughing Cow Cheese
Lunch - Salad w/grilled chicken, light on the oil dressing and a side of 1% cottage cheese
Dinner - Grilled Chicken with garlic quinoa and green beans
Dessert - Cottage Berry Whip (this one is in the THM book)

Day 4 - (E)nergizing Day
Breakfast - Egg White Sandwich - egg whites & turkey bacon on sourdough bread
Snack - Small Apple w/Low Fat String Cheese & Wasa Crackers w/Laughing Cow Cheese
Lunch - Salad w/grilled chicken, light on the oil dressing and a side of 1% cottage cheese
Dinner - Grilled Salmon with brown rice and sweet potatoes
Dessert - Cottage Berry Whip

See how I keep the two days super similar? It's so much easier for lunch planning! Although, I usually take the same lunch all week long and then change it up a bit the next week if I want. My snacks rotate a bit more, but dinner is the fun meal anyway.

After those two days, we'll have one Fuel Pull (FP) day before our trip. This is a very low call, very clean, basic day of eating.

Day 5 - (FP) Fuel Pull Day
Breakfast - Overnight Oatmeal (lots of recipes in the book and on Pinterest for this one)
Snack - 000 Oikos Greek Yogurt
Lunch - Salad with either leftover salmon or chicken and VERY lightly spritzed with oil. I'll add seasonings to spice it up and a side of 1% cottage cheese
Dinner - Chicken & Green Beans (I know... super boring, but it's the last day and just the one FP meal. I just couldn't force myself to be adventurous.)
Snack - Berries

I'm still tweaking these last few days as I learn more about my E and FP options. That tells you just how much I depend on my S meals. In my defense, my PCOS responds much better to the S side of all of this fun for meals and E snacks to keep my carbs to a minimum, but this is definitely forcing us to step outside of our comfort zone. Oh well!! It's just one week! We may try a full week next week to get the full seven days in, since we're shortening this one. We'll see what I think of all of the days after these first two!

Comments

Popular Posts