Fuel Cycle Week - Final Day

Today is the final day of the Fuel Pull Cycle for us. The week went pretty well. The scale wasn't as friendly as I was hoping it would be this morning, but that's not the Fuel Pull Cycle's fault. After 25 years of "being a woman" yet never cycling regularly, I have had three regular cycles in a row. I can give 100% of the credit to THM because I've tried several things, even medication, to try to get my body to even out and nothing worked. Imagine my surprise... three months, pretty much like clock work after struggling with infertility for 10 years while trying to have my girls. If I'd only known!! Well, to be honest, docs did tell me that cutting carbs "could" help, so I tried that and did Atkins. First, I was miserable and second, it didn't help. Trim Healthy Mama is definitely onto something here.

I initially ran across this book in my desperation to treat my PCOS symptoms. I read several testimonies from THMers with PCOS who were claiming that their symptoms all but disappeared after eating this way for a few months. Several women reported pregnancies after years of struggling, while others reported more balanced hormones (aka regular cycles). I was willing to try anything to help tame my symptoms. We are coming up on four months on plan and I can wholeheartedly say that my symptoms have improved a ton! The best part is, for the first time in probably 20 years, I don't have to be on birth control pills to manage my PCOS. No artificial hormones. YAHOO!! I have felt so much more human since stopping them a few months ago.

Okay, enough girly talk! Just had to document because it really is kind of a big deal for me. So, there you have it!

Next line of business...
I want to say thank you to all of my awesome readers!! Last night this blog his 15,000 views! That's just crazy. I honestly started it as my own journal to track my progress back in 2011. I never, ever considered that people would read it regularly. I love when readers reach out to me. It always gives me the biggest warm fuzzy feeling to know that other's are interested in what I have to say, but also that I may be helping other people who have been or are currently in my shoes. So, THANK YOU!!!!! You all rock!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'll be back next week with a full week of planned THM meals, as usual, and my week's activity schedule. Plus, our basement will finally be complete!! Our furniture comes on Wednesday. I can't wait to have my house back to normal!!! I'm one of those people who's becomes cranky due to anxiety from clutter and my house is beyond cluttered right now. Plus, I know The Hubby would really enjoy some relaxing nights again instead of spending every evening working on the stuff we don't have the contractors doing for us - painting the ceiling, hanging new light fixtures, putting in new outlets, etc. He's been a complete rockstar. I just feel bad that his vacation wasn't as relaxing as we'd planned. We'll get there... and we'll have the den/master bedroom area that we've been wanting since we moved in! I'll have before and after pics next week. I'm so excited!!!

By the way... I seldom have cravings when I'm completely on plan, but DANG I want real chocolate and french fries right now. Darn PMS!!! Even with PMS, I'm very proud to report that I have been able to avoid the birthday cake, cupcakes and Diet Coke that are sitting right next to the fruit I've been snacking on from our potluck. Talk about temptation!

Comments

Popular Posts