Back to Reality and Back on Track... Fuel Cycle Week - Day 1

Vacation is over! As sad as it was to see it end, we were both ready to be home, in our own beds and see our kids, animals and the progress on our in-progress basement (being done due to the basement flood earlier this month). The dogs were beyond happy to see us. I think that's the longest we've ever been away from them! Sad right?!? The kids will start trickling in this afternoon. Two come to stay tonight, we gain two for karate and then they go back to their dad's for one more night and then they come home for a couple of days. I'm ready for hugs and little voices. It was almost too quiet in the house this morning... ALMOST!

I have to share a couple of shots from our fun in the southern part of the state!

 One of the winery's tasting bar!

 Another winery's tasting bar - ourdoors in the GORGEOUS fall weather

The Hubby & I went zip lining!!! We climbed over 600 total steps up 7 towers. Our longest line was 1400 feet!

It was a bit hard to get back into the grindstone this morning. I think I had to run back into the house from the car three times and I still forgot something that The Hubby had to drop off at work for me this afternoon. Yup! Vacation brain! But I'm here, I'm 100% back on track with my meals and tonight is my first ever PiYo class. YAHOO!!

I have had a few people join me for the YOUR 30-DAY CHALLENGE I tossed out last week. It started today, but if you feel like you still want to join us, feel free! Better late than never. Don't wait for another Monday, start now. Start with dinner. Start with breakfast tomorrow. Or make a goal for yourself that you will hit the gym daily or avoid soda every day. Whatever it is, it's not too late!

With that said, The Hubby and I had time on our trip home to do some major planning for the first week of this challenge. Our challenge is another 30 days of straight up Trim Healthy Mama approved meals, daily activity. The Hubby is doing Insanity & karate and I'm doing whatever my little scatterbrain wants to plan for that particular day. Anything from PiYo to karate to running to some fitness DVD I have stuffed into the entertainment center. Keep myself guessing I guess!

To go that extra mile, we decided to kick our 30 days off with a Fuel Cycle Week. For those familiar with THM, this is a week of specially arranged meal types designed to give you metabolism a big boost. They don't recommend anyone try this until they've been on plan at least three months and/have seriously stalled out and tried tweaking their regular meal plan. I think the main reason is because it's so regimented and that is something they are big on NOT being about. They want food freedom to be the basis of their plan and this is kind of the opposite. Anyway... here's how it works:
  • Two Deep S days - all of the meals are kind of like an S meal, only we are really tipping the scales toward healthy fats and even focusing a bit on those fats being lower calorie
  • Two E days - so we're going from high fat to high carb! Again, focusing on HEALTHY carbs.
  • Two FP days - even things out and have it all be low carb AND low fat all day long. This one is a bit more of a struggle for me because it is a bit boring. Some people love this part though.
  • Finally One Deep S day to replenish your system and organs with healthy fats after it has burned off all of the bad fats that were inside.
The theory behind this is that the first two days force your body to use up the excess resources of insulin/carbs in your system and coats your organs in healthy fats. Then you spend two days pushing healthy, energizing foods into your system and shocking your body by taking away all of the yummy, fun, fats that you were indulging in the past two days. Just when your body thinks it's figured things out, we're going to cut back on the carbs as well as the fats and go super clean and simple. Your body *should* be burning the excess fat storage in your body at this point. The final Deep S day soothes your body at the end by re-coating the system with healthy fats and sending in happy fats to keep your organs operating on happy, healthy level.

Since this is a new aspect of the THM plan to us, we are still learning a lot as we go and as we plan. Today was our first Deep S Day, but here's how we planned our first two days. Not much change, but that's easier for shopping. This way we are using up pretty much all of what we buy for this type of meal in the two days between the two of us.

DAY 1 - DEEP (S)atisfactory
Breakfast - Choc PB Shake - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, cocoa, xylitol, peanut flower & whey protein powder.
Lunch - Greens, shredded rotisserie chicken, Tuscan EVOO (we just bought this at a distillery this weekend and it is AMAZING!!!!)
Snack - 000 Oikos Greek Yogurt (this is made with plan approved sweetener)
Dinner - Choc PB Shake (this is only happening because I won't be home until after 8pm, so I needed something quick and on the go)
Dessert - Skinny Chocolate

DAY 2 - DEEP (S)atisfactory
Breakfast - Choc PB Shake
Lunch - Greens, shredded rotisserie chicken, Tuscan EVOO (we just bought this at a distillery this weekend and it is AMAZING!!!!)
Snack - 000 Oikos Greek Yogurt (this is made with plan approved sweetener)
Dinner - Egg Roll In A Bowl (we promised the kids tacos this night, but it is very rare that we make them a separate meal)
Dessert - Skinny Chocolate

There you have it... the first two days are super easy for me. I love S meals and I love S desserts! I know we'll be missing our Peanut Butter Whips this week, but the big thing this week is eliminating dairy & gluten across the board. For the S meals we also have to eliminate all nuts. *sniff sniff* I often use nuts as my snack, so this was an adjustment! The peanut flour is allowed because of it's fat/calorie ratio though. No cheeses, no whip cream, no fun! It's just one week though. Stay tuned... hopefully I don't get all hangry by day five when I switch to FP days. Oh and a heads up... we won't be doing seven full days this week. We may next week, but this first time around we will get through the first five days and then we have a fun day at an amusement park planned with my mom and the girls. It's just easier to re-start with a second Fuel Cycle Week, or just go back to the normal plan on Sunday. We will pack lunches and plan ahead for the single day, but we didn't want to be trying to plan FP meals for a place where you smell Funnel Cakes around every corner!



Comments

Popular Posts