Today's P.S. Post

I realized I've been venting and complaining a lot this week, so I decided to add an uplifting post to the fun for today. When things got me down in the past, I used to reach for comfort foods, a blanket and a movie. When we were planning a vacation all I could think about was what wonderful foods I was going to indulge in and wonder about what restaurants we can stop at that we don't have in our town. Well... things have very obviously changed!! Last night I told The Hubby that I have no intentions of repeating our weekend away for the wedding while we are away on vacation. We are escaping for four days. If I ate horrible for four days, I would be paying the price for the next two months. As it is, I'm still struggling to regulate my body almost two weeks after the wedding. My body now craves good, clean foods and some form of exercise to stay regular and not feel like crap!

With all of that said, we WILL be doing our usual favorite vacation event and visit some breweries and distilleries while we are travelling. We also have plans to play lots of golf, go zip lining and even possibly do some hiking and exploring. We're planning an ACTIVE vacation! Add in the waterslides and the amusement park... Oh I cannot wait!

So, to complete my uplifting post for today, I want to focus back on THM, our journey and progress. I'm giving myself a three question poll!

1. What are my favorite NSV's so far in this journey?

  • Fitting into a size 10 jeans for the first time in almost 15 years!
  • Motivating others and having my mom tell me, "Your dad suggested we do the plan you guys are doing." Anyone who know my sweet toothed dad knows that this is a HUGE statement. He's eaten several meals with us and know what we eat and what we gave up, so I'm proud of him for having my mom order the book and suggesting this big change to help them both get healthier.
  • The two texts I received this week showing me that two of my very awesome friends, who have been amazing support for me over the years and have been my cheerleaders in this journey received their Trim Healthy Mama books this week!
  • Finding my smile again! I'm happier when I don't feel like crap and when I feel good about myself. I let too many things drag me down the last couple of years, so I'm beyond happy to have found my way back to the surface with a smile on my face.
2. What is the hardest part about staying on the THM plan for you?
  • The only struggle I have is that there's not very many options for fast food on the go if I get held up at a meeting or an event and didn't plan ahead. The old me fell back on McDonalds or Subway. Subway isn't a horrible option on plan, but I get sick of salads. Jimmy Johns has an unwhich that is wrapped in lettuce, but it's a risk, especially with packaged deli meats. It's fine for an emergency. That's about it. Nothing from a convenience store besides an apple and string cheese. It's just forced me to always have extra foods in my cooler. Either something comes up, or someone ends up whining that they are hungry.
3. What's your favorite THM meal?
  • Oooh this one is tough. For a breakfast-type meal I love my egg white, turkey bacon & mozzarella cheese on sourdough breakfast sandwich. For lunch I'm really liking the rotisserie chicken chopped up and mixed with caesar dressing and parmesan cheese wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves. Finally, my favorite dinner right now... That's a toss up between the Mozzarella Stuffed Buffalo Chicken with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus and Pesto Shrimp Skewers on Dreamfield's Pasta. Mmmmm... my mouth just started watering thinking about all these yummy foods!
Okay... now I feel better. The last three months have been awesome. I watched a video today to try to motivate me to get up and get moving in the morning before work for a morning workout. The guy said that there are 13 weeks left in the year. If you average a two pound loss, you'll have lost 26 pounds before the New Year. That went right along with my thoughts on my way in this morning. I want to lose a few more pounds over the next couple of months. My goal is to start the new year with the resolution to keep being awesome and maintain what I've achieved so far. That would be a very nice change of pace! So... I decided to jump in and join a monthly challenge this month. If you want to join me, feel free. Comment here if you want a little recognition. I think anyone putting in the effort should get a WTG or WOOHOO just for doing SOMETHING!!
Thank to Mari Kay at Ignite Fitness in Ashland, Wisconsin for putting this one together! She has a monthly challenge, so feel free to pop over to their Facebook page for more ideas and motivation. (click the pic to enlarge)

I also had to share this Throwback Thursday pic comparison. The pic on the top left is my ID badge pic I had taken on my first day of work on March 5, 2014. The one on the bottom right is from today. I have to say it... WOOHOO!!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts