Mind & Meal Reset


Happy Friday!!! This work day cannot go by fast enough. I'm just done with angry people for this week, so I'm really ready to move on to a good, busy, productive weekend! Let's call it how we see it... I LIVE for the weekends and I know it. I enjoy the week, I just wish work didn't get in the way of all of my fun all of the time. Hello adulthood! Nah, it's not all bad. Some days are just better than others, which I'm sure everyone can relate to.

So, as my post title said... Mine & Meal Reset. I spent some time really thinking about how things have changed since I was losing steadily in the summer months. The first thing I noticed was my reduction in fruits and veggies with my meals. There's really no excuse. I'm not a huge fan, and neither is The Hubby, of veggies. I've broadened my horizons in that category a ton in the past few years, but veggies are still the easiest thing for me to pass up. Especially cooked veggies. I really enjoy fresh veggies from the garden, but that harvesting window is pretty small. So, I need to up my veggie intake. I have also lacked water. I used to drink over 100oz a day. Now I'm lucky to get 50oz. That needs to change immediately. I have also been failing to eat my snacks. I'm down to three to four meals a day and I need to be closer to five, so I need to plan and execute better there. Edit: I also just noticed while going over previous menus, that I am not getting a variety of meals. I'm eating mostly S meals. Time to shake that up for sure!

For the mind resent part of that title I realize how caught up I've gotten in the number on the scale. That was not why I started Trim Healthy Mama in the first place. Losing weight was an added bonus, but I started this plan to try to help my body and lessen the symptoms of the issues that are constantly raging in my body. So, I'd be lying to everyone and myself if I said that I won't weigh myself as often. Unless The Hubby hides the scale, which may create a negative effect on my anxiety and moods, I'm going to check it and watch my progress. The big thing there is I'm going to remind myself over and over that it's not the number that counts. I will post a list where I can see it of all of the things I have accomplished in the last four months that are completely unrelated to the scale. I also need to stop making excuses or using treats as a reward. I am not a dog!

<EDIT> I had to share because I found this post on Gwen's Nest blog. She's a THM Facebook group administrator and her blog is full of THM goodies. This one hit home today! I'm guilty of a few of these. Thankfully I noticed on my own, but she solidified my thoughts in regards to my stalled weight loss. <END EDIT>

It's amazing what a little self-reflection can do. My mind is clearer, I'm able to tolerate myself again and I have made a solid effort to get out of the rut I was in. I'm not saying I'm 100%, but I'm definitely on the upswing.

By the way... I mentioned it in passing above, but we are four months on the THM plan as of yesterday! Except for a couple weekends here and there, this has been our way of eating and I really don't see myself wanting to return to our old habits. I may have faltered, but I don't WANT to give up. That's an entirely new feeling for me. I WANT to get back on track and keep going. Yes, I want to lose weight, but mostly I don't want to go back to feeling the way I did before THM. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway... I pulled the weekly meal plan I posted on here in the very beginning. I think we will follow that for the next week and simplify things a little bit. Oh and less desserts. Yes, they are on plan, but they are extra calories that my body may not be all that thrilled with right now. Time to get back to basics and make this work. No Fuel Cycle, no desperation to get that scale to move again... just start reset and restart. It's a new season... time to figure out what kinds of fall goodies we can introduce to our lifestyle - and by goodies I mean fruits and veggies!

Have a happy and safe weekend everyone! Monday is sure to come too quickly.

Comments

Popular Posts