Happy Best Friday of the Year!

Yup, even better than the day before my birthday, but not by much! Have I mentioned that I LOVE Halloween?!?! Yeah, maybe once or twice, huh? I usually am not a fan of those "Keep Calm" images, but this was was too perfect to pass up!


I have The Monster Mash station cranked up on Pandora in my office. I get to go to the girls' school this afternoon and help them get their costumes on for their costume parade and class parties. I'm so excited!! Neither of them has seen the finished product because they were at their dad's last night. I was right down to the wire with it all last night and my sewing machine decided to jam up. Poor timing!! So, I burned off a few finger prints using the hot glue gun. *grins* I love the way everything turned out and can't wait to see their faces and see them in full costume. Not sure if we will have enough time to do full makeup, but the accessories for the costumes are pretty awesome. I'll edit this post to add some pics of them. I'll add more from Trick-or-Treating on Monday because... let's face it, I'm obsessed!

<<<EDITED>>> They LOVED their costumes! And I love that they love them. Here's a quick peek at my Maleficent and my Queen of Hearts! Cutest part was that every kid knew who each of them were. Even the kindergarteners knew who Abbycakes was! Here they are all set for their school costume parade. We saw some fun, cute costumes wandering the halls as The Hubby and I were getting the girls ready. Lucky him... he gets to stay behind and enjoy the festivities, including a mini field trip, with the kindergarten class!



I got the perfect motivation this morning to stay on track this weekend. New low on the scale!!! I have officially lost 30 pounds since the first of the year! It's been slow, but steady. Another 2/10ths of a pound and I will be at the 20 pound mark for THM. I had lost some in a challenge the first part of the year and then stalled out and started to gain back, so THM helped me get things going downward again. I think adding more water, veggies and making my meals a bit simpler was seems to be the key. We will see how next week's weigh in goes, but this is the last two weeks have been the first weigh ins where I'm actually down under 180 since my birthday. That was a month and a half ago!

The goal for this weekend is planning it out and staying away from excessive treats and candy. I even brought in delicious looking cinnamon rolls from Kwik Trip (those who have a Kwik Trip will know what I'm talking about) for the office and didn't have a single bite! Someone also brought in my favorite sugar cookies too... I will not cave!! I promised the girls pizza on Saturday before ToT and tacos on Sunday, so I'll probably have eggs on pizza night and I'll use ground turkey for the tacos, or make a taco salad. I plan to bake for the week on Sunday too so we can start having hot breakfast sandwiches for breakfast now that it's getting colder. I found a THM-friendly biscuit recipe that people are raving about on the THM Facebook board. I'll let you know how that goes. The Hubby and I will plan and shop for the week on Sunday. Our annual Halloween party is next Saturday too, but we'll be sure to have THM-friendly foods available at that also.

With that said... I'll report back after lunch with pics of the critters in their costumes. Otherwise, have a safe and Happy Halloween everyone!!


Comments

Popular Posts