We Are Officially Registered

My mom and I will take my two girls (and a friend) on a little road trip to participate in their (and my) very first COLOR RUN!!! My two are 8 and 5 and have been expressing a lot of interest in doing some kind of fun run. They're advertised all over, but the timing just hasn't worked in the past, plus my ability to run was pretty iffy. Saturday morning we will hit the road for some colorful fun and they are so excited!

I have to say that I love our plans for this run for a few reasons. First, I love that they like to run races. We do the annual school race every May and have done a few others here and there. It's so fun to race as a family (The Hubby and other two kids have joined in on the fun once or twice too). Second, my girls are making AMAZING memories that include their grandma. My mom is my best friend and we've always made an effort to do stuff together. Since she retired and moved 45 minutes away it's been a bit harder to fit things into the schedule. She retired and got a busy life... Imagine that! And third, my oldest is bringing a friend, so that lends it's own memories and entertainment. I can't wait!

Unfortunately we missed the cut off for t-shirts and they didn't order any extras, so I'll be stopping at the store tomorrow to buy some white shirts for everyone to wear. I may even have to get creative and break out the iron ons.... Either way, I'm excited to participate in one more race this running season.

Tonight is a night full of karate, shopping and more karate. I'm still up in the air about dinner. My weight is still up from our awesome wedding weekend of fun, but that's life. I have my annual physical on Monday, plus I FINALLY have my appointment with the Gastroenterologist. Keeping fingers crossed that he has some answers for me! Either way, I'm looking forward to improved lab results, lower scale numbers recorded on my chart and just not feeling like a failure when I go in to my physical at an obese weight AGAIN. I've spent too many years promising I would change my habits... this year I proved it. I may have started a bit late... but that's better than not starting at all. The Hubby was in to see our doc yesterday and she gave him a huge pat on the back for his weight loss progress. Heck yeah, he deserves that pat. He's done awesome.

I'll be honest, I've been trying to think of fun topics for my daily blogs, but life has become so "normal" that I'm struggling. Our fall schedule has kicked in, so it's basically the same schedule each week. Our journey with THM has become second nature to the point where we really don't have to put a lot of thought into planning and executing, so even that has kind of quieted down. So, I'm sorry if things seem sort of blah. I've mentioned before that I love this blog because it serves as a journal for me. For many of you, I'm sure it's a major bore, but stick with me. I still have my moments! Something is bound to happen soon enough to shake things up!

Comments

Popular Posts