Flat Lined!!

My weight loss that is! Stuck! Not moving! I have officially plateaued! *sigh* I knew it was coming. It was bound to. That doesn't make it suck any less though. It's hard not to want to continue to see the success when it's been going so well. Unfortunately, this is week three at the same weight unless tomorrow morning shows something different than what I've been seeing the last couple of days. Oh well...


I'll keep on keepin' on! My body is just readjusting and getting ready to lose some more. Actually, the general consensus on a couple of THM boards that I am on is that several women found they lost inches while their scale was at a stand still. I know I've also snuck bites of food I haven't allowed myself in a couple of months, so that could play a role. Either way, I don't have the knee jerk reaction to chuck it all and just say screw it. I know how that works and it doesn't work well. I end up gaining back what I lost, plus several pounds extra. We'll just wait this one out. I'll enjoy the holiday weekend, ON PLAN, and keep at it next week. I'll enjoy my birthday, ON PLAN, the following weekend too. I may indulge in a birthday celebratory drink, but I'm okay if I don't too. I'm not panicking and I'm not feeling I need to obsess over what's wrong and fix something. I believe this is part of the process. My body has lost weight pretty quickly. It's just pausing for a breath before diving back in.

Okay, that's enough about that. I told you all I was reading the book The Mood Cure. WOW! What a book! The info is crazy, but a good crazy. I can relate far too much to the book as well. It talks about how a deficiency in amino acids can create temporary moods - anxiety, crabbiness, short fuse, morning blahs - and even hormonal imbalances. I'm still reading about the symptoms, but it does talk about how to supplement to repair your body's deficiencies and how it's not a situation where you will have to take these supplements forever. It's honestly a CURE, a repair process. Anyway... still reading, but I would definitely recommend this book to others just to read about the reasons why we sometimes feel like we are on an emotional roller coaster and how foods we eat and the nutrients from those foods effect us as well. Between this book and Trim Healthy Mama, I've learned more about how our body processed the chemicals or nutrients in food... some of it is downright scary! Probably another reason why I don't want to make a mad dash for my old eating habits. I was one who used to just wave off stories or facts about soda or sugar or whatever. Now, I'm a bit shocked! Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!

Comments

Popular Posts