School = Sickness

Yes Sir-Eee, we are officially back to school. One week in and we had to break out the nebulizer for Emmy Lou and I was home sick on Monday with some kind of stomach bug. I guess we were due... No one in our house has been sick for months! Oh how I loathe school germs! Poor Emmy Lou has the worst immune system and bugs always end up hitting her hard and we end up putting her on several meds, plus a couple trips to the doc with each illness. Hopefully we can stave some of those trip off this year with our healthier lifestyle and the addition of her latest asthma action plan from her newest asthma doc. Oh and did I mention I have pink eye?? ME, not the kid. GAH!!!! This week is too busy for all this sick nonsense.

On the plus side, I got the girls out last night for a run on one of our favorite trails. It was a beautiful night and the beginning of fall was starting to peek through on our run. I love running through the woods! The girls both rode their bikes. I made Abbycakes let me put her training wheels back on because she just isn't mentally ready to ride her bike without them. She CAN physically do it, but she panics and screams and cries... not a pretty sight. So, after tossing those trainers back on the bike and throwing them into the back of the van we were off!


Emmy Lou kept a steady pace and probably put on an extra mile turning around and coming back to meet us, only to turn around and take off again! Abbycakes stuck right with me and I was even pushing her put the hills while I was running at times. We finished strong though! With all of the pit stops by my little lollygager, I figure I averaged about a 13 minute mile which, for someone who hasn't really been able to run in two years, was not a bad time! It will improve! Plus, I was able to keep running and the pain never got too bad. YAHOO!!! There may be hope!

I've officially started my antibiotic for my eyes, so hopefully I will make a quick recovery. The Hubby and I are scheduled for a swim tonight, but I think I'll reschedule that one. I just hope my kidlets didn't end up with it last night through all the hugs and snuggles before bed. Again... lots of hand washing always, but there's always a chance. *sigh* Did I mention I HATE SCHOOL GERMS?!?!?

Comments

Popular Posts